Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: DU damage control email....

CGN frequent flyer
    Well then I guess its OK if the firearms and hunting community adopts a "neutral" stance on the preservation of wetlands and refuses to funnel them money.

Sorry, we're neutral on this! We only focus on gun issues.

Youza.
    Last edited by Youzawhale; 02-07-2020 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edgy View Post
    Being asked to post a link to a petition for their members IS NOT making a political statement, and that is all they were asked to do, make their members aware of the petition,, let's just say it's " advancement of education " ffs.
    DU could do this and they know they could,,but they have their grubby hands out for government money so they chose their side,, screw DU, they can crash and burn without hunters and sportshooters
    Actually it is...

The link to the petition is a political act - specifically because the petition ADVOCATES (that's the important word) against the proposed legislation.

What DU COULD do is EDUCATE or INFORM (different language) it's members that this legislation is in the works, that if the members want to find our more they can go to website A, if they want to support the legislation they can go to website B, and if they don't support the legislation they can go to website C. (must do all three).

I still think DU is acting like a piece of poop - they know full well that this affects their members, and more importantly they should know full well that this affects their fundraising capability (e.g. auctioning off hunting equipment). There are ways to not lend political support one way or the other, but still inform membership of the news of the day.

David

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CosmiC10R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootle View Post
    Actually it is...

The link to the petition is a political act - specifically because the petition ADVOCATES (that's the important word) against the proposed legislation.

What DU COULD do is EDUCATE or INFORM (different language) it's members that this legislation is in the works, that if the members want to find our more they can go to website A, if they want to support the legislation they can go to website B, and if they don't support the legislation they can go to website C. (must do all three).

I still think DU is acting like a piece of poop - they know full well that this affects their members, and more importantly they should know full well that this affects their fundraising capability (e.g. auctioning off hunting equipment). There are ways to not lend political support one way or the other, but still inform membership of the news of the day.

David
    The petitions stated goal is this

Quote Originally Posted by e-2341
    We, the undersigned, citizens of Canada, call upon the Government of Canada to put any new firearms laws, bans, buyback programs or changes to licencing before the House of Commons to be debated
    Thats not advocating for one side or the other... thats asking for the democratic process to be upheld...
    It's not about money.... It's about sending a message...
    Member - NRA (Bloomie made me do it ) - CCFR - NFA - CPC
    Juster - "I came to CGN for the firearms information, but stayed for the supportive mental health ecosystem"

There sure are a lot of blissful people wading in to trash an organization that helps their cause in so many other ways.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax148 View Post
    Registered lobby group you say! Then they can do whatever they want! Don’t worry about ethics but mostly power and political action

The donations they receive from WWF and Tides probably make the $300,000 from Airbnb look like couch change then!
    Just Google those two organizations and you can see what meddling in politics in Canada can be done with funded lobby groups! There’s a long history of those organizations funding lots of radical actions in Canada
    And then?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    Bull s-h-i-t!
    Nope.

Just sent off an email to the Manitoba Wildlife Federation requesting if they would be able to post the petition on their site or email members as they have been supporting the firearms community.

MWF articles

http://mwf.mb.ca/2019/12/07/gun-violence-press-release/

http://mwf.mb.ca/2018/11/01/firearm-ban-input/

Good day Sir or Madam, I am contacting you today in regards to the Lieberal forced firearm ban by way of OIC. I have recently come across several of your articles and I am honored to have you in the corner of the firearms community, as one of the few Wildlife organizations championing for this cause. I have also shared your articles on Canadiangunnutz (CGN) forum for all too see your support and efforts. I would like to ask you today if you would be willing and able to post an article or email your members in regards to petition E-2341 set in motion by MP Glen Motz of Alberta. I am very appreciative of your efforts on this matter, and hope if you are able to pass this along.

Please take a moment to sign and share this important petition regarding the impending lieberal gun ban. There are no age restrictions, Thank you, all the best. Pew, pew

https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2341

Please check your email/spam/junk to confirm signing of petition.

Your signature doesn't count if you don't confirm the email by clicking the link in it.

Thanking you in advance for your time and consideration .

##### #########
    #### ### # # ##### ###
    #######, #######,######
    ### ###
    ##########
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

And then?
    If doctors stand beside the Libs and say the same lies then it’s got to be true! To people who know nothing of what it takes to own firearms in Canada!
    Just like the red flag crap they want to put in place! It already exists in the current legislation! That seems to be a big talking point for them, they mention how they’re going to do things to make the laws tougher that are already in the legislation that people who are involved in the firearms community already know are in the legislation but the general public does not even know it exists because they don’t know what the laws are!
    I hope you aren’t attached to or own any semi automatic shotguns or rifles for that matter if this continues down this path we’re headed!

CGN frequent flyer
    How about plain ol' periods? Relax budd. This many exclamation points make you sound like you need to meditate.

Youza.

CGN frequent flyer
    Seriously. Breathe in. Breathe out.