Page 1 of 31 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: DU damage control email....

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar

DU damage control email....

I was forwarded this today... just thought I'd post it here for discussions.

JR

Dear DUC Volunteer,

Following our recent communication regarding Ducks Unlimited Canada’s (DUC) position on the firearms e-petition, we’ve heard from a number of volunteers who are looking for more details.

Let us begin by saying that DUC proudly supports the country’s hunting community. Waterfowl hunting is an integral part of our heritage—and our future. DUC continues to support hunting as a way to connect with nature and develop an appreciation for wetlands and the need to conserve them.

DUC’s position to remain neutral on the firearms e-petition is rooted in the responsibility we have to our mission—the conservation of wetlands. It’s a position we’ve taken for decades. All our policy activities must be directly related to wetland conservation. This focus allows us to deliver the critical habitat that supports hunting traditions and all outdoor lifestyles. In addition, Canada Revenue Agency guidelines stipulate that DUC can only engage in political activities that further our charitable purpose of wetland conservation.

Within Canada’s conservation community, DUC’s role is clear. We conserve and restore habitat. Other organizations, including provincial wildlife associations and hunting groups, address issues related to firearms. This partnership serves us well and has led to incredible conservation achievements across the country, including the 6.4 million acres of habitat under DUC’s care across the country.

DUC Volunteer, when it comes to the e-petition, we encourage you, and all our supporters, to exercise your individual rights as you see fit.

To help provide some additional background about DUC’s position, here are a few answers to questions we’ve received:

Q: Does DUC support hunting?
    A: Yes. DUC supports hunting, when conducted in a legal and sustainable manner, as a legitimate and acceptable use of a renewable resource. Hunters are among the most devoted conservationists. They spend a lot of time outdoors and appreciate how nature provides for their life and lifestyle. They support conservation through the purchase of their hunting licenses and are often leaders in creating conservation policies and regulations.

Q: Why is DUC neutral on the firearms e-petition?
    A: Our position to remain neutral on the current firearms e-petition is solely based on the obligation to keep all of our policy activities focused on our mission of habitat conservation. Pursuant to Canada Revenue Agency guidelines, DUC can only engage in political activities that further our charitable purpose. This is part of our responsibility to all supporters who entrust us with delivering habitat gains on the landscape. Other groups such as provincial wildlife associations, firearms groups and others are much better equipped to address firearm issues.

Q: Why does DUC hold a seat on the Canadian Firearms Advisory Committee but remains neutral on the firearms e-petition?
    A: DUC does not hold a seat on this committee. Jim Couch is a DUC volunteer who accepted the invitation to join the committee as an individual, not as a representative of DUC. He does not act or report on behalf of DUC in this capacity. His qualifications for the committee (as outlined in his biography) include being a former executive at Potash Corp., a competitive curler, gun club member, retriever club member and DUC volunteer.

Q: Why do you use firearms in your fundraising activities but do not support the firearms
    e-petition?
    A: We recognize the value of waterfowl hunters in the establishment and ongoing success of DUC. Firearms are often used as part of DUC fundraising activities as a way to celebrate and recognize the hunting and conservation lifestyle. However, the debate around firearm legislation is a different matter. It involves decisions and expertise that fall outside of our stated mission of wetland conservation.

Q: Why won’t you share the firearms e-petition with DUC supporters?
    A: Pursuant to Canada Revenue Agency guidelines, DUC can only engage in political activities that further our charitable purpose of wetland conservation. While sharing the e-petition may seem like a harmless request, doing so would represent the first step of policy engagement outside our mission.

Q: Why should I support DUC when you don’t support firearm owners?
    A: The critical element to the future and livelihood of the hunting community is habitat. Without habitat there would be no wildlife. Supporting DUC remains one of the most effective ways of ensuring this habitat remains for hunters and all Canadians to enjoy.

Q: Why must DUC maintain its neutral position on the e-petition?
    A: This is not a new position for DUC. As a charitable conservation organization, we have for decades remained neutral on all policy issues that fall outside of our habitat conservation mission. This approach reflects our responsibility to deliver wetland habitat and wildlife that benefit hunters and all Canadians.

Our position on the firearms e-petition is posted on our website.

DUC Volunteer, thank you for everything you do as a DUC volunteer.

Tim Binch
    National Manager Volunteer Fundraising
    Ducks Unlimited Canada
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Ultra frequent flyer remyltr's Avatar
    Post his email address
    typical British wankers

Quote Originally Posted by remyltr View Post
    Post his email address
    I didn't get it.... It was forwarded to me and did not include it.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

CGN frequent flyer
    Fu-ck 'em.

Take every dollar you can from their pockets. Their excuses can be used on those that care.

Plenty supporting our rights, defund those that do not. US hunters can pony up the difference if DUC is that important to them, I'm sure they got MILLIONS lying around to make up the shortfalls.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer remyltr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    I didn't get it.... It was forwarded to me and did not include it.
    Well that’s unfortunate

So, after you have read that email
    What is your stance now on the situation
    typical British wankers

I like how they pose the question why should hunters support DU when DU wont support firearms rights. They go on to imply without DU there would he less habitat for hunters.

It seems they fail to realize without hunters there would be no DU

Being that semi auto shotguns could very well be a target of the libs you would assume this is a fight they should be in.

They want to sit on the fence and play both sides

I wont be supporting DU ever again. This is not the time for half hearted responses or cowardice.
    Last edited by mattbol; 02-06-2020 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Included to much of quote

The Canada Revenue Agency says no, I call bull####!

They are liberal boot lickers getting 41 million dollars per year from the turd.

They can’ t have it both ways, they either support gun owners, or they don’t, this says they don’t.

Time to disengage DU folks!
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

BANNED
    If the Libs take my guns i won't need any ducks. So it's Ducks Unlimited's problem that the libs are after my guns. So they need to change their name to Guns Unlimited. Because guns make ducks. And I like guns.

Quote Originally Posted by remyltr View Post
    Well that’s unfortunate

So, after you have read that email
    What is your stance now on the situation
    Still the same.... DU gets no more support from TSE.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

No guns, no Ducks Unlimited, it’s really simple! They are trying to use the CRA as damage control, do not buy into this pack of lies.....
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Page 1 of 31 1234567891121 ... LastLast