Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Psa m4a1 stripped lower receiver 59.99usd

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_CRF View Post
    Hello all, bit of a newb here in the AR world but really want to get on board. What are the rules around building your own? The lower is the restricted piece is it not? I am a current RPAL holder (with collector status) so can I just buy one of these lowers and then put the rifle together at my leisure, or do I have to reregister the completed rifle?

Thanks
    Only the stripped Lower count as a firearm. So this is it

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tengoo's Avatar
    What are the rules around building your own? The lower is the restricted piece is it not? I am a current RPAL holder (with collector status) so can I just buy one of these lowers and then put the rifle together at my leisure, or do I have to reregister the completed rifle?
    I believe you are supposed to reregister the completed rifle [barrel length, caliber, etc.] however given the current legislative uncertainties, you might prefer to wait on that.
    "Pity the poor opponents of the right to keep and bear arms! They must distrust just everybody except criminals and except
    the tyrant to whom they concede the armed monopoly of their protection." -- Pierre Lemieux [LIBERTY Magazine Nov. '97]

Quote Originally Posted by tivatian View Post
    Only the stripped Lower count as a firearm. So this is it
    The lower is marked as a "frame" in your registration.
    As soon as you make it able to shoot, you have to update your registration and it will convert from a frame to a rifle.
    If for some reason a LEO is inspecting your firearm and your registration doesn't match your firearm, that's when you can get in trouble.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Go ask in the right thread

This one is not it

Hello all, bit of a newb here in the AR world but really want to get on board. What are the rules around building your own? The lower is the restricted piece is it not? I am a current RPAL holder (with collector status) so can I just buy one of these lowers and then put the rifle together at my leisure, or do I have to reregister the completed rifle?

Thanks

Thanks
    Update registration within thirty days of completion iirc.

I called yesterday to verify this, what the rep told me was call in with 30 days to register the complete rifle with a measuring tape handy(they will ask you to do some measurements to categorize your new registration). Then they will issue a new registration to you once that is done. Apologize for the previous reply.

Just wondering. When Trudeau comes a knocking these will be taken also even if they are just sitting in the safe?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brordo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzauger View Post
    Just wondering. When Trudeau comes a knocking these will be taken also even if they are just sitting in the safe?
    Yes, if they go after AR's...(but it didn't stop me from buying one).
    μολὼν λαβέ

Ya and whats silly is they mark it as a "frame" on the registration but if you transport it you need an ATT.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Yep, but silver lining if you know they are coming,, and we will, then re register as a stripped lower, so, they can only take the lower and you have the rest of your rifle to put back together when this foolishness is over! Also, before they take your stripped lower, beat the hell out of it with a hammer, just leave the serial number legible, smile when you hand it to them!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast