Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7171920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Divorce agreement

CGN Ultra frequent flyer just having some fun's Avatar
    in the next few years it is going to be a King

old age gets you in the end
    Democracy is by having elected representatives vote the will of the constituents.
    A Smart Person Learns from their Mistakes, A Wise Person learns from the Mistakes of Others.
    If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science; it is Opinion.

As an american....they then destroy our country by turning strongholds into welfare cities to win elections...AZ is a glorious example. Also weird how everyone hates in Florida but that's where MOST canadians go to nest for the winter....

Sorry this was ment to be a response to a post...missed that clearly. MURICA?
    Last edited by Arkangell; 01-06-2021 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by trebor2880 View Post
    Pretty good, 'cept for the part 'bout keeping the Monarchy. That's #1 on my list on things to get rid of.
    our current system doesn't have a real monarchy. The queen appoints a governor based on our recommendation. and the governor is the mediator when parties get into irreconcilable situations. I think it is a small amount of money for a nonbias third party. we also get free mascots for people to gossip about.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. it's a complex system, there is no simple switch to make things better.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangell View Post
    As an american....they then destroy our country by turning strongholds into welfare cities to win elections...AZ is a glorious example. Also weird how everyone hates in Florida but that's where MOST canadians go to nest for the winter....

Sorry this was ment to be a response to a post...missed that clearly. MURICA?
    I have very little faith in the West going forward.

Nearly 30t in debt and the cat is out of the bag; a substantial segment of the population feel no allegiance to their host nations or obligation to work and contribute to society when they can just endlessly vote for more and more handouts and entitlements.

well written..but..to hell with the Monarch!!!
    Liberal party of Canada- Useless since 1867

Quote Originally Posted by Welcome2TheJungle View Post
    I have very little faith in the West going forward.

Nearly 30t in debt and the cat is out of the bag; a substantial segment of the population feel no allegiance to their host nations or obligation to work and contribute to society when they can just endlessly vote for more and more handouts and entitlements.
    We are in a sad state there is no doubt....sad years behind, and I fear sadder ones in our future.

Quote Originally Posted by xingyc View Post
    our current system doesn't have a real monarchy. The queen appoints a governor based on our recommendation. and the governor is the mediator when parties get into irreconcilable situations. I think it is a small amount of money for a nonbias third party. we also get free mascots for people to gossip about.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. it's a complex system, there is no simple switch to make things better.
    It is a pretend monarchy, useless, functionless... No reason to keep it in my mind...

elect a president a prime minister and having 2 chambers really elected ... there is always easy way to do it ...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Petrock's Avatar
    The governor general is a pawn of the party in power. They would immediately lose their position if they ever failed to sign a law that the governing party wanted.

The monarchy is paid each year for every canadian citizen. That's money we desperately need, especially with the current gubbermint.
    Doesn't matter, anymore. We're only good for filling sandbags for floods and saving people during winter storms. Other-wise we're kicking posts and crazies who are over worked, over taxed, underpaid and never truly appreciated.

"--We'll keep the greedy CEO's and rednecks.

--We'll keep our Judeo-Christian value."

Since those two items don't go well together or even coexist, ders flaws in dese docoments.