Thread: Upgrading to restricted

Upgrading to restricted

I am currently trying to upgrade to restricted and hoping that they don't ban handguns in my province by the time i get it. I already have my non restricted, I am upgrading, and it is saying that they received it 11 days ago, it is done processing and it is now in progress. What does that mean? does that mean they are looking at it and doing the background check right now? this is way quicker than my non restricted, does the one month wait period for the background check starting still happen if you already have your restricted?

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotbrass View Post
    I am currently trying to upgrade to restricted and hoping that they don't ban handguns in my province by the time i get it. I already have my non restricted, I am upgrading, and it is saying that they received it 11 days ago, it is done processing and it is now in progress. What does that mean? does that mean they are looking at it and doing the background check right now? this is way quicker than my non restricted, does the one month wait period for the background check starting still happen if you already have your restricted?
    Yes, it will take a min of 35 days. Most of the time it depends on how you sent the payment, money order through Canada post is the best gets the government their money immediately any other method they have to wait for your funds to process and in turn so does your application.

Tip given to me from my CFSC instructor.

It sounds like they have recieved your payment and they are proceeding with the application. Good luck.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

CGN Regular
    I took both together and things stepped along just like in the thread,
    Sticky:shorten PAL approval times

My son took his one at a time. Going from a PAL to RPAL went quick.
    Yes I know I need to get a spell csech
    I love this land, but my country has fallen.

STOPnTIME photos

how quick?

Don't stress about it, shouldn't take too long.

My upgrade took 17 days from date CanPost delivered application to date card arrived.

As posted in the PAL wait time thread:

Mailed (registered mail) Jan 28/20 and received in Miramichi on Feb 3
    Feb 11 - credit card charged. Online status indicated completed initial processing
    Feb 15 - application approved and license issued.
    Feb 20 - card arrived in mail today

This is in NS - I may have got lucky with time of application as everything fell into place nicely.

they will ban handguns