CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Surplus SKS MORE IN!!

I shot an sks that was put away not cleaned after corrosive. Obv. rusted, Gas tube was orange on the inside, but shot just fine. With sks life is easy, put in ammo, rack the bolt and she chooches. Its a refurb, much less rust.. its going to work great, its probably is going to be a bit loose and wobbly and she may be a little ugly but for 250 it's such great value it just boggles the mind. And with some blued ones you might luck out but at that price you can't loose either way. I can think of 3 retailers that take individual pictures of skss and you arn't going to find a sub 300 dollar x39 plinker on those sites any day of the year so quit whining (or don't we are all enjoying the show).

If someone bought one please post pictures so we all can complain!!!!

Great thread lol. I do have to say that I would pay a little more to get a nicer condition sks. With unseen surplus your really just rolling the dice, I've bought a sks that was in great condition, numbers matching and shot very well, my buddy bought one from the same vendor 'not CSC' and his was beat up, the bore was in poor condition and you could barely hit the side of a barn with it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    If you want a better SKS.. Buy a Type 81..
    I heard they are all 1 MOA

Quote Originally Posted by Chumlee Bumsnag View Post
    Do they have spring loaded firing pins? Bobdbldr wants to know.
    Oh hoho. This such a good thread
    You’re not completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example.

CGN Regular
    Web site only seems to allow for in store pickup. I need it shipped to Ontario .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Proceed View Post
    Web site only seems to allow for in store pickup. I need it shipped to Ontario .
    Did you enter a Province and Postal Code under 'Estimate Shipping and Tax' ?
    "No matter where you go - there you are"
    Member: CPC, CCFR, CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Proceed View Post
    Not a problem. If you are having an issue online. Email orders@theshootingcentre.com
    Please email all requests for information on product availability/ordering to orders@theshootingcentre.com. Any prices quoted are only valid for 30 days from date of original posting. All firearm and ammunition sales subject to PAL verification.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chumlee Bumsnag View Post
    Do they have spring loaded firing pins? Bobdbldr wants to know.
    just seen this, everyone knows these are pneumatic piston operated with leaf spring return firing pin plungers! I sold 7 last year and got rid of the rest,,, but you never know what a fella can dig up if he is looking in the right spot S!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

I've had refurb SKSs that looked new. $250 is still a good price for a decent SKS.

I'm away from YYC until the end of the month...if this thread is still an item, I'll drop by the CSC and give an eyewitness report.
    "Pity the poor opponents of the right to keep and bear arms! They must distrust just everybody except criminals and except
    the tyrant to whom they concede the armed monopoly of their protection." -- Pierre Lemieux [LIBERTY Magazine Nov. '97]