Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 24567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: IRUNGUNS Non Restricted Matrix Aerospace Rifle coming to Canada on this Export

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by biologic View Post
    Its 308 dude so no
    Why not, .458 socom can be built on ar15 platform and ar10 so why wouldn't it be able to be produced on this platform, certainly looks strong enough!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

This looks like a great rifle at a very reasonable price point for what your getting. I love how it’s a small batch that’s assembled by a USA army weapons tech! I can’t wait to see the customer reviews!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Daeo View Post
    I cannot wait for the 5.56 platform to come out!
    It's not coming. Its called ar-15

CGN Regular
    I have a stag 10 in 308, I am close to 1.5 moa (with retail hunting round)
    Only way I am getting this Matrix is when details come out.
    Ie: Weight mentioned for the 6.5 is 10.4 lbs. Is that with optics? My 308 stag mlok is lighter then that without optics.
    Also, since Irunguns have a say in the build, what are the odds of getting custom options at a later date? Ie: Titanium BCG, barrels, handguards, stocks, etc.
    My current Stag is great, but as a hunting rifle it is "good enough".
    My current handguard feels huge, and I am also looking to lighten the amount to carry, 12.3 lbs with optics, sling, 5 rounds, can get a but much after a full day.

Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    Whatever we post it will come across as bias, the customers who have purchased the rifles will review them.

IRUNGUNS sells both the Stag and Matrix rifles, both are great platforms.

Here's my .02 as a bunch of us spent some time on the weekend shooting both rifles chambered in 6.5.

The Matrix is lighter, at 10.4lbs

I personally prefer the Rise drop-in trigger over Stag's factory trigger.

The receiver sets are almost identical, other than Stag has a few exterior cuts that are different. Both receivers can mate to one another.

Stag has a tension screw at the back of the receiver to enhance tolerances, the Matrix doesn't need it, to be honest neither does the Stag or at least the one we shot.

The Stag is a proven platform, so is the Matrix.

This Matrix rifle is a custom build and as such this allowed the complete staff at IRUNGUNS to be involved in it's production. Our US staff is mostly comprised of former US Marine, Army personal. This rifle was built as if they were building it for themselves.

The most important key points addressed were accuracy, reliability, weight, and trigger pull. The finished product is outstanding.

If you are unsure, please wait for the customer feedback.

The U.S. IRUNGUNS Team

Last edited by Smitsauce; 05-04-2020 at 08:08 AM.

Last edited by Smitsauce; 05-04-2020 at 08:09 AM.

CGN Regular
    Yes, exactly!
    I wasn't making assumptions, I genuinely AM interested in this rifle, just AFTER I get the details.
    I won't replace the Stag with a 99% identical rifle. If there are weight savings, then count me in! Especially with custom build options from the retailers.
    Yes, I was comparing the 6.5 weight to the 308, I do know there are differences, but I did NOT think it was THAT much. (Ie :stag 308 vs stag 6.5)
    I know the 6.5 requires a longer barrel to get the bullet up to speed, the primary selling point of the 6.5. I just didn't think it made over a 2lb difference.
    When I purchased my Stag, I never bothered to look at the 6.5, as I really wasn't interested.
    Repeated practice with 7.62 surplus makes me a better shooter then a flatter shooting 6.5 and only shooting 40 rounds a year.

As for quoting the 6.5 Matrix weight, it is possible they weighed it when they were at the range, Hence why I asked. If it really was 10.4 with any sort of optic, that would be amazing. (It would mean sub 10 lbs for a 6.5)

Hands on review, and customizations options are all that I am waiting for now. TNA or Ironguns, if they offered an upgrade price for a Matrix with lighter BCG, lighter and slimmer handguard, with warranty,
    then I am going to sell my Stag and get a Matrix rifle for sure.
    Matrix 308 gas systems adjustable?

My 1st gen mlok was 8.8 naked, 12.3 fully dressed.
    Ideally I'd like to carry a 10.5-11 lbs rifle when hunting even if I have to pay more.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitsauce View Post
    You are comparing their 6.5 with your 308! They said their 308 was under 9 lbs. What does yours weigh?

For an apples to apples comparison:

Their 6.5 is supposed to weigh 10.4 lbs. compared to the Stag's quoted 11.7 lbs.
    Their 308 is supposed to weigh under 9 lbs. compared to the Stag's quoted 8.6 or 8.8 depending on which one you look at.

So, their 6.5 is much less and the 308 sounds like it will be very close.

Pretty sure that no one supplies quoted weights for their guns with optics included! If they did, they would have to say what optic as they are all different weights!!!!

For replacement gas blocks it should be .75” eh?

Last edited by Smitsauce; 05-04-2020 at 08:11 AM.

Super GunNutz
    6.5 CM do not need a longer barrel to get the bullet up to “speed”???

A 19 or 20 inch barrel would work just as well and you won’t be able to tell the diff from the minimal FPS loss.