Silky Saws

Silky is a really weird name for a saw, not gonna lie, haha. Once I have something to use them for, I'll definitely try them out, caught my attention, nice marketing campaign to be honest. I actually just purchased a new miter saw last summer, so I'll probably get a good sue out of that before looking for other tools. I sure hope that I'll get a good use out of it cause I made a lot of resaerch about what the market has to offer and I read a lot of articles about which is the best 10 inch miter saw. Worked a great deal with it alreay and I'm super satisfied, hope to never have any downs to it.

Last edited:
Another satisfied Silky user here. You won’t believe the ease and speed of cutting.

Have used a F180 folder for 5 or 6 years. Coarse teeth. It comes with me everywhere snowmobiling, dirt biking and hiking. Have used it to cut through 6" pieces in a pinch. Rips through alders and limbs in a matter of seconds. You will not be disappointed.

I've been using a Silky Big Boy 2000 Saw for a couple of years and wouldn't head out without it.
They are truly a great saw.

Going to have a good look at the Katana Boy now so I can leave the chainsaw at home more.

I'll second that, won't go sledding without my big boy 2000. Check out Survival Russia's youtube channel he does lots of good reviews on them.

I use a big boy for work and have felled things larger than I will admit to with it, and cleared jack pine en mass

you have to be a bit aware on the backstroke, but you can get really aggressive on the pull

How do these perform in dry wood? Have tried using a bow saw in the past and was wore out after 3 cuts!

I have not done a lot of cutting in really dry wood but if memory serves it cuts through ti really quick. most of my work is just clearing stuff so I have not bucked up an entire dry log or anything

Back
Top Bottom