CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Wolverine Supplies PRESS RELEASE of the WS-MCR

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384

Wolverine Supplies PRESS RELEASE of the WS-MCR

PRESS RELEASE – WS-MCR

As most of you know I founded Wolverine Supplies 30 years ago, I supposedly retired a few years ago and my son Matt and his wife Genn took over Wolverine Supplies. Well, retirement has not really worked out as I had anticipated. As I live “on site” there is rarely a day when I am not back in the office, I still get questions from the staff on some technical matters and I generally get under Matt’s feet and try to assist where I can.
    Retirement has resulted in my life changing direction. I have been able to devote my time to new projects; one was being able to have the time to devote to firearms design. My first project got off to a flying start, but she is not the object of this announcement. Whilst good and well received, I thought I could do better, so back to the drawing board. Assisted by my colleagues at Spectre Inc - we produced a new concept, the WS-MCR.
    The WS-MCR is a Multi Caliber Rifle. I like the original AR180 concept, so we went back to her and started fresh. We stayed with the modern CNC aluminium lower receiver, I believe this was first produced by Nodak Spud as the NDS-18S and was introduced to serve as a direct replacement for ArmaLite’ s polymer lower. No need to reinvent the wheel, so we used that lower although we did add one very major improvement. We built in a rear take down pin, this eliminates the movement often found between the upper and lower. This pin also strengthened and stiffened the complete rifle.
    Again, looking at the original AR180 rifle, we followed their lead and in the new WS-MCR we once again have both the cam pin and the charging handle travelling on steel. To achieve this, we added two steel plates; one inserted on each side of the upper receiver. This added to the cost, but we consider the advantages well worth the extra expense. We also carried out some improvements to the bolt carrier. This resulted in a much smoother action and has minimised the wear associated with a hard steel component running on soft aluminium.
    We are introducing the new WS-MCR rifle in three calibers; 5.56 NATO, 7.62 x 39 and .224 Valkyrie. This meant we had to revise the gas system, again this is different to anything that has been marketed to date. We have spent several months fine tuning the gas system and this has resulted a soft positive ejection.
    Another new feature not found on any previous production rifle of this general type is that we have added a case deflector. After several thousand rounds, we have avoided the ugly scarring that ejected cases can inflict on the receiver.
    The hand guard which is free floating features a 1913 type accessary rail on the top. We have chosen a long 15 inch handguard, which features a locating pin and is simply clamped around the barrel nut with three large allen screws (4mm). The handguard will be required to be slipped off in order to clean the gas system. The gas cylinder plug requires a standard ¼ inch wrench or socket for removal. Any further disassembly or modification may void the warranty. The WS-MCR will have a 12-month warranty which will cover defects in materials and workmanship. This will be administered directly by Wolverine Supplies.
    The barrel nut only needs a 1 1/8th inch wrench, no specialized tools are needed for disassembly of the WS-MCR, although I would recommend using an AR15Lug-Lok upper vise block if you intend to remove the barrel. These need to be slightly modified to fit the WS-MCR receiver.

John Hipwell

Availability of the WS-MCR

Based on previous experience, Wolverine Supplies will NOT be taking any pre-orders or back-orders for the WS-MCR. As of Tuesday, February 18 2020, we will have a limited inventory of rifles available, we anticipate this inventory will sell out very quickly. Orders will be accepted and processed starting Tuesday, February 18th 2020.

If you were one of the customers who had left a deposit with us (Wolverine Supplies) for the WK180-C until we cancelled all orders on Dec 20th, we will be contacting you. In return for your loyal support, you will have a first “one shot chance” for a WS-MCR from our initial inventory. You will have until 12:00 pm (CST) Tuesday, February 18 2020 to confirm your order. After that time all remaining inventory will become available.

The vast majority of our weekly shipments will be assigned to dealers. As shipments leave Wolverine for these dealers, we will (with the dealer’s permission) announce who will be stocking the WS-MCR.

We plan on ordering the vast majority of WS-MCR rifles in calibre 5.56 NATO, a few will be available in .224 Valkyrie and I expect rifles in 7.62 x39 to follow in a few weeks. All calibers will be using AR15 type magazines.

As each shipment becomes available, we will announce it on our web page and on social media.
    As always:

You can E-mail us at: sales@wolverinesupplies.com

You can Call us at: 204-748-2454

You can send at letter to: Box 729 , #1 River Valley Road, Virden, MB, R0M 2C0 , Canada

You can send a messenger to : Lattitude#49.89617 | Longitude -100.85384 NE ¼ 5-11-25

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

Very cool. Thanks for this Wolverine. I think I need 2.

Are you guys gonna be selling just uppers for a multi cal platform?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Very nice! Will you be selling conversion kits to change a 556 rifle to 7.62x39 or 224Valk?

Do these still have a changing handle that can be swapped side, and big holes in the sides of the receiver to accommodate that feature?

Edit - your pics show it does. Have you figured out a way to cover those openings?
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

CGN Regular
    Hey Ty ,you are ever so nice to give me one of these for Valentine Day

CGN Regular
    I like that you guys stepped away from the lame short handguard

Quote Originally Posted by 220 View Post
    Hey Ty ,you are ever so nice to give me one of these for Valentine Day
    Nyet, I must abide by the rules we have set out. First shot is for everyone who had an existing order with us.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Musky Hunter's Avatar
    Oh yeah

Great to see!

A suggestion down the line would be to make a run of lowers (for a premium, since you'd have to do some design work) with a picatinny rail instead of buffer tube socket. You could then use some existing folding stocks, as well as some retro 180 original-style solid folding stocks another manufacturer will be releasing shortly.

Good luck with what looks like a great non-restricted rifle!

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast