Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heckler Koch SP5 pistol version import?

Lightbulb Heckler Koch SP5 pistol version import?

Hi guys from North Sylva,

I've seen that H&K just import in the US a new single-action pistol version of their machine-pistol (MP5).

Will you be able to import it and have a FRT # as restricted or will it be doomed with the seal of Prohibited firearm?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer AB.boy's Avatar
    If it is a variant of an MP5 would it not be prohibited? Not sure why you would think otherwise.

Firearms Prescribed as Prohibited

The firearms of the designs commonly known as the MP5 submachine gun and MP5 carbine, and any variants or modified versions of them, including the Heckler and Koch:
    HK MP5;
    HK MP5A2;
    HK MP5A3;
    HK MP5K;
    HK MP5SD;
    HK MP5SD1;
    HK MP5SD2;
    HK MP5SD3;
    HK 94;
    HK 94A2; and,
    HK 94A3.
    Last edited by AB.boy; 02-16-2020 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AB.boy View Post
    If it is a variant of an MP5 would it not be prohibited? Not sure why you would think otherwise.

Firearms Prescribed as Prohibited

The firearms of the designs commonly known as the MP5 submachine gun and MP5 carbine, and any variants or modified versions of them, including the Heckler and Koch:
    HK MP5;
    HK MP5A2;
    HK MP5A3;
    HK MP5K;
    HK MP5SD;
    HK MP5SD1;
    HK MP5SD2;
    HK MP5SD3;
    HK 94;
    HK 94A2; and,
    HK 94A3.
    This is my understanding too.

Its just about the dumbest thing ever, I could name quite a few guns that technically fit the same niche as the MP5 (and some even look kinda like the MP5) but I won't for fear that I'm simply making a list for some commie minded Liberal to use against the gun community as part of their charade to save the world.

CGN Regular
    I’m not positive but I believe a big reason the mp5 and variants of it are prohibited is due to a fact that the receiver of the semi autos were easily modified to make it full auto. That being said I believe hk made the receivers on the sp5 so this can’t be done. Since the receivers are not the same could the sp5 not be considered a variant of the mp5?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by codfish25 View Post
    I’m not positive but I believe a big reason the mp5 and variants of it are prohibited is due to a fact that the receiver of the semi autos were easily modified to make it full auto. That being said I believe hk made the receivers on the sp5 so this can’t be done. Since the receivers are not the same could the sp5 not be considered a variant of the mp5?
    It’s prohibited by name, not because the RCMP made a determination on it. Just because the receivers are different doesn’t mean the RCMP wouldn’t classify this as prohibited. Hell they said .22 AK lookalikes were AK variants just based on looks.

Quote Originally Posted by codfish25 View Post
    This...

Exactly what I thought about.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BattleRife's Avatar
    It is a semi-auto variant of the MP5, and all variants of the MP5 are prohibited. There is zero chance it would receive anything other than a prohibited FRT entry.
    --BattleRife

The frigging GSG-5 wasn't approved so a guy would have to be high to think the SP-5 would have any chance at all.

CGN frequent flyer lupothebutcher's Avatar
    I find it amusing to watch people try to rectify with reason that which, by it's very nature, is unreasonable....
    The legal firearm owner in Canada must be very careful to follow the letter of the law in regards to the firearms act, he must, above all, be very careful NOT to try to interject REASON or COMMON SENSE into the process

Yep.. prohib by name.
    Enjoying your freedom? Thank A Soldier !!!

You say nobody needs an AR15? Well nobody needs a whiny little b*tch either yet here you are!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast