Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I love handguns , Will they ban handguns ?

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    The federal government has currently stated they won't ban handguns -- but they would support cities that might want to.
    Recently Toronto has had a change of heart and they are now pursuing other means of reducing crime.
    So, currently, a handgun ban here is unlikely.

It's unclear where you're located but if in Ontario or western provinces, our Premieres have indicated support for licensed gun owners.

Mayor Tory is a POS liar, here is his office's latest correspondence to me.

Feb. 18, 2020, 3:47 p.m.

Dear #####,

Thank you for writing the Office of the Mayor. We appreciate your feedback on this important topic.

Mayor John Tory is committed to creating a Toronto that is safe for everyone. He previously led City Council in the approval of a comprehensive approach to gun violence that includes investments in kids and families, investments in our police, and advocating for changes to the law and the application of the laws to be much tougher on those caught committing firearms offences.

The Council-approved report can be found on the City’s website at: https://bit.ly/2mGLX43.

As part of the as part of the City of Toronto's ongoing response to rising gun violence Mayor John Tory announced that he would be supporting adding a series of anti-violence measures to the 2020 budget including:

• Creating 10-15 new Community Youth Violence Prevention Grants of up to $200K per year for 3 years - $2.1 million

• Adding 8 new youth hubs in Toronto Public Library branches - $1.84 million

• Adding 6 new youth spaces in Parks, Forestry and Recreation Facilities - $1.2 million

• Implementing the Regent Park Social Development Plan to increase community safety and spur economic and community development - $635,000

• Funding hospital-based violence intervention program pilot - $100,000

• Expanding Community Crisis Response Grants - $100,000

These new investments are in addition to the $18.6 million in new additional funding for measures focused on poverty reduction and addressing the roots of violence already included in the 2020 budget.

The 2020 budget also includes additional funding for the Toronto Police Service. The service is on track to hire more than 300 police officers in 2020, including 40 new neighbourhood police officers.

If approved by City Council in the final budget vote, these investments will build on the $180 million that the City invests annually in the Poverty Reduction Strategy, $8.4 million for the Youth Equity Strategy, and $77 million in community recreation.

However, Mayor Tory knows we cannot stand alone in combatting gun violence. He has and will continue to advocate for support from both the Federal and Provincial governments, including a national handgun ban, crackdown on the smuggling of illegal firearms, substantial toughening of bail laws, increased resources and supports for the Toronto Police, and investments in community programming for families and at-risk youth.

Toronto Police will continue to combat violence on our streets but we, as a City, need support from the other levels of government, as well as support and help from residents. If you have any information that could help either prevent or solve a crime, please call the police or Crime Stoppers at 416-222-8477.

We hope you find this information helpful. Thank you, once again, for reaching out to us.

Sincerely,

Farnaz Patel

Office of the Mayor

Sent: January 29, 2020 12:25 AM
    To: Mayor Tory <Mayor_Tory@toronto.ca>
    Subject: Handgun/Firearm Ban
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

Quote Originally Posted by SovereignSpirit View Post
    I dont know about o6z9o , but I did and check regularly.
    It's the best way to do it. Good on you SS.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

Quote Originally Posted by 1ABNDT View Post
    Mayor Tory is a POS liar, here is his office's latest correspondence to me.

Feb. 18, 2020, 3:47 p.m.

Dear #####,

Thank you for writing the Office of the Mayor. We appreciate your feedback on this important topic.

Mayor John Tory is committed to creating a Toronto that is safe for everyone. He previously led City Council in the approval of a comprehensive approach to gun violence that includes investments in kids and families, investments in our police, and advocating for changes to the law and the application of the laws to be much tougher on those caught committing firearms offences.

The Council-approved report can be found on the City’s website at: https://bit.ly/2mGLX43.

As part of the as part of the City of Toronto's ongoing response to rising gun violence Mayor John Tory announced that he would be supporting adding a series of anti-violence measures to the 2020 budget including:

• Creating 10-15 new Community Youth Violence Prevention Grants of up to $200K per year for 3 years - $2.1 million

• Adding 8 new youth hubs in Toronto Public Library branches - $1.84 million

• Adding 6 new youth spaces in Parks, Forestry and Recreation Facilities - $1.2 million

• Implementing the Regent Park Social Development Plan to increase community safety and spur economic and community development - $635,000

• Funding hospital-based violence intervention program pilot - $100,000

• Expanding Community Crisis Response Grants - $100,000

These new investments are in addition to the $18.6 million in new additional funding for measures focused on poverty reduction and addressing the roots of violence already included in the 2020 budget.

The 2020 budget also includes additional funding for the Toronto Police Service. The service is on track to hire more than 300 police officers in 2020, including 40 new neighbourhood police officers.

If approved by City Council in the final budget vote, these investments will build on the $180 million that the City invests annually in the Poverty Reduction Strategy, $8.4 million for the Youth Equity Strategy, and $77 million in community recreation.

However, Mayor Tory knows we cannot stand alone in combatting gun violence. He has and will continue to advocate for support from both the Federal and Provincial governments, including a national handgun ban, crackdown on the smuggling of illegal firearms, substantial toughening of bail laws, increased resources and supports for the Toronto Police, and investments in community programming for families and at-risk youth.

Toronto Police will continue to combat violence on our streets but we, as a City, need support from the other levels of government, as well as support and help from residents. If you have any information that could help either prevent or solve a crime, please call the police or Crime Stoppers at 416-222-8477.

We hope you find this information helpful. Thank you, once again, for reaching out to us.

Sincerely,

Farnaz Patel

Office of the Mayor

Sent: January 29, 2020 12:25 AM
    To: Mayor Tory <Mayor_Tory@toronto.ca>
    Subject: Handgun/Firearm Ban
    ban or not , who knows

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123