Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I love handguns , Will they ban handguns ?

Cool I love handguns , Will they ban handguns ?

I live in Montreal Quebec , every time I call them , they told me too many application , they are proccesing application submitted in September 2019 .Mine December 23 2019 . does anyone know How long I still wait ? and I love handguns , will they ban the handguns ? I am afraid of it happen .
    I must buy handgun quickly , because They will ban it
    Last edited by o6z9o; 02-20-2020 at 12:08 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Applications for a rpal take at a minimum a couple of months. Sometimes much longer I've heard over a year as an example of a horror story. It will take even longer then a few months if you ticked certain box's. It then can take up to a month for a pistol transfer to actually be approved.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    If this is your first time getting your RPAL it could take many many more months before you get it. As far as banning handguns, the goal is to ban ALL firearms eventually.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

the email reply in Jan 27 2020
    You application was well received and registered on December 23rd 2019. The minimum processing time is 30 to 45 days. Right now, we’re at the step of verifying if you have any judicial or police records. Once that’s completed, we’ll have to get in touch with you as well as 2 of your references. That last step may take a number of weeks only because we’re presently working on applications that were submitted in August 2019.

We thank you in advance for your patience !

and another email reply in Feb 19 2020

We do one application after another within the best possible delays. We are presently finishing applications from September 2019, therefore you need to remain patient until we get to your application which was submitted in December 2019.

Thank you for your understanding !
    Last edited by o6z9o; 02-19-2020 at 06:44 PM.

The federal government has currently stated they won't ban handguns -- but they would support cities that might want to.
    Recently Toronto has had a change of heart and they are now pursuing other means of reducing crime.
    So, currently, a handgun ban here is unlikely.

It's unclear where you're located but if in Ontario or western provinces, our Premieres have indicated support for licensed gun owners.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Does anyone know that they are actually ban pistols ? and when ?
    Last edited by o6z9o; 02-23-2020 at 05:30 PM.

No one knows for sure. A lot of talk and threats of banning handguns but nothing is set in stone yet. If they ban word it would take two years to do. I will continue to us and buy more as long as I can. Tonight I will be picking up a S/W victory. I will enjoy them as long as I can. Waiting for your RPAL is frustrating. Buy the time it came I had four ready to be transferred into my name.
    Rob.
    Smokeless powder is just a passing fad. #1 gun rule,carry one.

glad hear that , I live in Montreal .

2 years . that is great news

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by o6z9o View Post
    Does anyone know that they are ban pistols Actually ? and when ? pistols are my life .
    Lol pistols are your life eh ?. Just wait till you actually get a RPAL license...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast