Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Next pm?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    You are so right but this is not the time or place to debate your views, most here will not understand where you are coming from, your views are radical for Canada, at this time, but I understand them.
    Seriously? Radical? I thought I had toned them down in the last 12 years or so, and have been much more accommodating ...

I thought they (my comments) might've opened up the realization that Canada is as much a 2 party state as the USA / UK et al and democracy doesn't work in these places either.

My apologies, and I'll STFU and move on. peace.
    FEAR is fleeting, REGRET is forever

Quote Originally Posted by Dek68 View Post
    Seriously? Radical? I thought I had toned them down in the last 12 years or so, and have been much more accommodating ...

I thought they (my comments) might've opened up the realization that Canada is as much a 2 party state as the USA / UK et al and democracy doesn't work in these places either.

My apologies, and I'll STFU and move on. peace.
    I think you may have misunderstood what I was trying to get across, this is a public forum! no apologies needed, would be pleased to meet you any time you are passing. Sadly I doubt you and I will ever put the world right.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Sadly you are correct, I agree with you, but I will never stop trying to effect change. When we stop we have accepted defeat, and that is not for me.
    Correct, you must never give up. But right now I'm listening to a bunch of people yelling at parliament/the police for not going in and busting up protesters for doing the only thing they think they can, which is break the law, to get heard. The same thing happened in the 20's and 30's, and a lot of people had to die for us to get workers rights in this country. What's different now, people losing their jobs? That's not new.
    We all need to start doing the same thing if we want to facilitate real change in this world, because the status quo ISN'T BUDGING!

CGN Regular
    THIS.

This is the hardest thing to achieve. We all start rowing in the same direction. Until...

That is when we splinter and become less efficient in our goals, and lose all sight of what we're actually aiming for.

But to get back on point. Your O.P. is encouraging folks to join (IMO) the enemy. Same team different kit. Politicians really don't give a flying fig about us when they acquire their power, settle into their 'roles' and play at running our country, spending our monies, and sending pour children to die in illegal wars.

Last time I voted was back in the 80's. A snot nosed kid who knew everything. Supported Thatcher for 3 reasons only. i, F.ck the IRA ii, F.ck the argies iii, wouldn't be bullied by Scargill and his cronies. The first two turned out to be mis-informed jingoistic and possibly racist overtures, the third purely because Scargill wouldn't condemn those that killed that bloke in the taxi on his way top work. My point is, it took years to realize I was lied to, by something I 'believed' in...

Personally, I'd be all for storming parliament with a few hundred thousand like minded citizens and giving what for to the whole bloody lot of them. But then again, Canada has never had revolution.... Yet? peace.
    So let me get this straight. You discovered you were duped due to your belief in a political party or political movement in your younger years, so now you have matured and have decided that all political parties and democracy itself is not worth your time. I agree with you on most of your points unfortunately democracy and capitalism is one big #### sandwich and we all have to take a bite whether we like it or not because the alternatives as seen in the past are a lot worse. So that being said when I have to take a bite I don't want the aftertaste to linger any longer than it has too. So I try to vote for a party that is the easiest to choke down before I have to take another bite.Right now the liberal party just makes me want to puke, day in day out.

Those that do not vote have MORE of a 'right' to complain than the sheep that do vote. If no one votes it declares the highly contentious debacle that is democracy illegitimate and defunct... peace.

Those that do not vote have MORE of a 'right' to complain than the sheep that do vote. If no one votes it declares the highly contentious debacle that is democracy illegitimate and defunct... peace.
    If voter turnout was less than 50% would the government dissolve, all it's previous decrees made void, and it's laws go unenforced? What if it were 30% ? 20% ?

No, I don't think so either, so I'll be voting in self-defense.

If you are joining, whatever you do, do not give them a real phone number. They are like Terminators...they absolutely will not stop calling you, ever. Even after being told not to call you. Even after being reported for still calling. They just will not stop.

Give em the local Liberal riding office for a number if you must.

Done and done. And I mean done!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    So your plan is to just keep running away from things? Right, got it. That will sure fix everything.

Some people are cowards by nature.

Good, keep pissing away, right there with you and looking forward to the vote.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis