Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mass Driver from Strike Industries

CGN Regular
    This for a G34 would be awesome.

Or for a big chunky 10mm pistol that really needs every bit of recoil compensation it can get

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Well, do comps mount to the slide or the barrel? Im not well versed in these, but doing a quick google for glock compensators shows me a bunch that thread to the barrel - which makes sense, how would they attach to the slide?

Some comps are probably slide mounted (ones on Race guns maybe?) but it looks like glock comps are generally threaded onto the end of the barrel.
    From my what understanding is, Comps add an additional weight to either the slide or barrel based on where its respectively mounted , sometimes throwing off the balance of the action. Since the barrel needs to tilt rearward to an extent or the slide needs to reciprocate fast and far enough inorder to properly and reliably cycle. Barrel/slide mounted would possibly required additional tuning in-order to alleviate that theoretical issue, hence why Strike designed the mass comp system bypassing it entirely.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IWS2K View Post
    From my what understanding is, Comps add an additional weight to either the slide or barrel based on where its respectively mounted , sometimes throwing off the balance of the action. Since the barrel needs to tilt rearward to an extent or the slide needs to reciprocate fast and far enough inorder to properly and reliably cycle. Barrel/slide mounted would possibly required additional tuning in-order to alleviate that theoretical issue, hence why Strike designed the mass comp system bypassing it entirely.
    I think you're over thinking it. If I'm not mistaken, the product in question works on glocks without a threaded barrel, therefore anyone with a Glock that doesn't have a threaded barrel now has an option for a comp where they previously would have required a new barrel to install one.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

So when do we expect these to show up in Canada? I'd be interested in one for a G17 gen 4..

So does anyone know where these are available for a gen 4 17 I’m very interested in trying one!

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer2285 View Post
    So does anyone know where these are available for a gen 4 17 I’m very interested in trying one!
    Strike has a Gen 3 to Gen 4 Adapter plate for the comp.

Expired Industry Member
    No problem at all, just let your local or favourite dealer know the product# you want and we can get them a quote for you.

This comp include a special threaded guide rod and spring. You install the guide rod & spring into the barrel & slide, then the comp is secured onto the guide rod through a nut. That's why it can be used with both threaded and non-threaded barrels.
    Last edited by Element82; 10-06-2020 at 05:11 AM. Reason: better describe how the comp attaches

Any stocking dealers in Canada??

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by cycoblade View Post
    It would be interesting if one could find pistol comps in Canada period.
    I keep looking but they are rare.
    Blackbox
    CCFR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12