Thread: Looking into possibly purchasing a Cadex. Questions

Looking into possibly purchasing a Cadex. Questions

So I’m taking a good hard look at spending some cash and purchasing a Cadex. Either R7 Sheepdog or one with the chassis system. Just curious on the pros and cons for both. Is the chassis worth the 2 grand more? Rifle will be in 6.5CM and used for long range, possibly PRS and cranking coyotes out to range in my fields.

Also I’d be looking for one in either tan or FDE. Do I contact Cadex directly to purchase the rifle or try to find a dealer that has what I’m looking for?

Thanks in advance,

Brandon

CGN Regular
    I would suggest finding a local retailer that carries them and seeing which one fits You better.
    I have both a chassis and a stock from Cadex and both are great. I definitely prefer the folding chassis but their polymer stock is probably the nicest fitting one I’ve ever handled.
    I believe you can order direct, but its always a good idea to support your local retailer ( and might even offer a good incentive to buy from them ).
    Cadex definitely stands behind their product better than almost any other company I’ve come across, especially in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by purplezuk View Post
    I would suggest finding a local retailer that carries them and seeing which one fits You better.
    I have both a chassis and a stock from Cadex and both are great. I definitely prefer the folding chassis but their polymer stock is probably the nicest fitting one I’ve ever handled.
    I believe you can order direct, but its always a good idea to support your local retailer ( and might even offer a good incentive to buy from them ).
    Cadex definitely stands behind their product better than almost any other company I’ve come across, especially in Canada

Hey thanks for your reply. I’ve been searching around and can’t seem to find one in 6.5 wearing a chassis in anything but black. But I did find a sheepdog in FDE. But I mean is one more accurate or consistent than the other? The Sheepdog looks like it might be a bit lighter and better for lugging around in the field. But I do like that chassis

Get in touch with Ken at Bullseye in London. He is a PRS and F series awarded shooter, sponsored by Cadex. Great guy and very helpful, he knows his **** obviously, will answer your questions and get you what you want www.bullseyelondon.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?limit=all&q=cadex&x=0&y=0
    The Liberal Party believes that terrorists should get to keep their Canadian citizenship ... "because I do,”.... Trudeau

Quote Originally Posted by aragorn1 View Post
    Get in touch with Ken at Bullseye in London. He is a PRS and F series awarded shooter, sponsored by Cadex. Great guy and very helpful, he knows his **** obviously, will answer your questions and get you what you want www.bullseyelondon.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?limit=all&q=cadex&x=0&y=0
    Thanks for that. The chassis rifle and colour are there in stock ����
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by SwifTst View Post
    So I’m taking a good hard look at spending some cash and purchasing a Cadex. Either R7 Sheepdog or one with the chassis system. Just curious on the pros and cons for both. Is the chassis worth the 2 grand more? Rifle will be in 6.5CM and used for long range, possibly PRS and cranking coyotes out to range in my fields.

Also I’d be looking for one in either tan or FDE. Do I contact Cadex directly to purchase the rifle or try to find a dealer that has what I’m looking for?

Thanks in advance,

Brandon
    Hi,

Cadex will direct you to go through a dealer. As for is the Cadex guardian version if it is worth the 2 extra grand I would say yes! I have the Cadex Guardian in 6.5CM and had the same questions you currently pose prior to the purchase. I ended up topping this rifle with a Kahles k624i. When I went to the range my first time I put a 3-shots in about 0.4 inch group, so I was happy. But just out of curiosity I kept shooting the bullseye to see what kind of group it would be. I emptied the who box, 20 rounds on that red dot and they all grouped about 3/4 inch group. At this point I was extremely excited. Then I slowly walked the rifle out to 800m, all first shot hits. Any ways, long story short, I am now more interested in different shooting scenarios and locations because of how confident I am in this rifle.

I am actually saving up to buy the Cadex Shepherd in 300 PRC and that will be topped with a Razor Gen 2 (got a good deal). The only thing that puzzles me is why Cadex has only a 24” barrel option for that caliber.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvertiger View Post
    Hi,

Cadex will direct you to go through a dealer. As for is the Cadex guardian version if it is worth the 2 extra grand I would say yes! I have the Cadex Guardian in 6.5CM and had the same questions you currently pose prior to the purchase. I ended up topping this rifle with a Kahles k624i. When I went to the range my first time I put a 3-shots in about 0.4 inch group, so I was happy. But just out of curiosity I kept shooting the bullseye to see what kind of group it would be. I emptied the who box, 20 rounds on that red dot and they all grouped about 3/4 inch group. At this point I was extremely excited. Then I slowly walked the rifle out to 800m, all first shot hits. Any ways, long story short, I am now more interested in different shooting scenarios and locations because of how confident I am in this rifle.

I am actually saving up to buy the Cadex Shepherd in 300 PRC and that will be topped with a Razor Gen 2 (got a good deal). The only thing that puzzles me is why Cadex has only a 24” barrel option for that caliber.

Hope that helps.
    Yup that helps big time. I think I’ll spend the extra bit of coin and go for a chassis version. And I was actually considering a Kahles K525I to top it off. Expensive but from what I understand worth every single penny.

Can’t go wrong with Cadex. Worth every single penny. Was out shooting mine (6.5CM R7)this morning. At 100 put 3 shots literally right in the same hole and did a couple of 3/4 in groups at 200.

I believe it. So far I don’t think I’ve heard anything bad at all about these rifles