CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Thread: Minox Optics - Binocular sale - ZX-ZE5.2 up to 40% off save big!

GunNutz
    Is the Minox ZX5 2-10x50 #4 reticle usable or visable when the illumination dot is turned off? Thanks.

Business Member Go_Big_Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mbguy View Post
    Is the Minox ZX5 2-10x50 #4 reticle usable or visable when the illumination dot is turned off? Thanks.
    Yes it is

Got in on the 3-15. Haven't seen one before but hard to pass up for the price!

Quote Originally Posted by DGP View Post
    Got in on the 3-15. Haven't seen one before but hard to pass up for the price!
    Thanks for the support!

Amazing prices and amazing service. Thanks Tom.

I just got my minox BL HD binos and ZE5.2 2-10x50 and 3-15x56 scopes. In a word: amazing. If you're on the fence about these, do yourself a favour and pick one up before they are sold out. At full price, they are a good bang for the buck. At the price GBT is selling them they are untouchable. Look up the review from user solomanF8.

I've used leupold, Burris, nightforce (sold them all), Nikon Monarch 3 and 7s, (german made) Zeiss and Leica magnus scope and Geovid R binos picked up when another BC retailer closed a few years ago. Although IMO the nikon monarch 7 is a massively underrated optic (especially at the price another vendor was blowing them out recently), the minox ZE5.2 is a very large step above in terms of optics and build quality. It is well worth the very minor difference in cost. The glass on the minox is noticeably nicer than on both nightforce NXS I've owned (and sold). The leica magnus is arguably a slightly better scope BUT it is 3x the price (got lucky and scored mine 70% off but that will never happen again). Moreover, the 4a reticle on the leica is way too fine. The Minox 4a reticle has very nice heft to it and it is harder to loose in the woods without the dot on. You are definitely hitting a point of massively diminishing returns with anything beyond this scope in terms of a hunting optic. I can't speak to anything tactical/very long range.

Unfortunately the BL comfortbridge binos are out of stock but they are amazing.

pros:
    made in germany
    30 year warranty
    well built
    solid turret feel (but they are not tactical type turrets)
    amazing glass
    very nice illum, doesn't bleed
    very nice 4a reticle (not too fine)

cons:
    turrets in cm/100m might be a turn off for some. I don't know anyone who adjusts turrets while hunting though, so for using MPBR it's a moot point as it's just as easy to zero the scope.
    non-tactical reticle might be a turn off for some (though I love the 4a)
    should have bought a 5-25x56 as well at that price

summary:
    If you're looking for something that is almost an alpha but not quite, this is it. Snag one before they are gone.

I am not affiliated to GBT in any way.
    Last edited by doctor_meltdown; 03-24-2020 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doctor_meltdown View Post
    Amazing prices and amazing service. Thanks Tom.

I just got my minox BL HD binos and ZE5.2 2-10x50 and 3-15x56 scopes. In a word: amazing. If you're on the fence about these, do yourself a favour and pick one up before they are sold out. At full price, they are a good bang for the buck. At the price GBT is selling them (and they offer a first responder discount on them on top of the clearance) they are untouchable. Look up the review from user solomanF8.

I've used leupold, Burris, nightforce (sold them all), Nikon Monarch 3 and 7s, (german made) Zeiss and Leica magnus scope and Geovid R binos picked up when another BC retailer closed a few years ago. Although IMO the nikon monarch 7 is a massively underrated optic (especially at the price another vendor was blowing them out recently), the minox ZE5.2 is a very large step above in terms of optics and build quality. It is well worth the very minor difference in cost. The glass on the minox is noticeably nicer than on both nightforce NXS I've owned (and sold). The leica magnus is arguably a slightly better scope BUT it is 3x the price (got lucky and scored mine 70% off but that will never happen again). Moreover, the 4a reticle on the leica is way too fine. The Minox has very nice heft to it and it is harder to loose in the woods without the dot on. You are definitely hitting a point of massively diminishing returns with anything beyond this scope in terms of a hunting optic. I can't speak to anything tactical/very long range.

Unfortunately the BL comfortbridge binos are out of stock but they are amazing.

pros:
    made in germany
    30 year warranty
    well built
    solid turret feel (but they are not tactical type turrets)
    amazing glass
    very nice illum, doesn't bleed
    very nice 4a reticle (not too fine)

cons:
    turrets in cm/100m might be a turn off for some
    non-tactical reticle might be a turn off for some (though I love the 4a)
    should have bought a 5-25x56 as well at that price

summary:
    If you're looking for something that is almost an alpha but not quite, this is it. Snag one before they are gone.

I am not affiliated to GBT in any way.
    Thanks for the feedback!!