Thread: Primed steel case for 7.62x39 and x54r?

CGN Regular

Primed steel case for 7.62x39 and x54r?

Hi Canada Ammo,

It's great to see someone finally has the right idea to make non-magnetic ammo for indoor range that is (relatively) cheap by using steel case. Since you seem to have a source on components already, are you able to offer primed steel case for these Russian calibers?

I like to reload for my SVT and SKS, but hate to chase brass or having brass chewed up by the fluted chamber. If you can offer them at a reasonable price, then I'm sure there are other like minded people who would want them.

Di

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    We just have unprimed available due to shipping issues from Russia

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    We just have unprimed available due to shipping issues from Russia
    Do you know what kind of price point you will sell these at? Assuming these cases are berdan primed, what's the easiest route to find primer for them?

Quote Originally Posted by diegocn View Post
    Do you know what kind of price point you will sell these at? Assuming these cases are berdan primed, what's the easiest route to find primer for them?
    I can sell you the primers and cases for $399 per 2000. Cases come in boxes of 2000, hence minimum of 2000 sets.

CGN Regular
    Thank you. I assume you are referring to x39 cases, which is a decent price point. Any idea on x54r?

Quote Originally Posted by diegocn View Post
    Thank you. I assume you are referring to x39 cases, which is a decent price point. Any idea on x54r?
    We can get 54R cases, but not primers

CGN Regular
    Sounds like we are still at the situation a couple years back, no 6,47mm primer available which means we cannot utilize the Russian 54r cases.

Still good to know the x39 cases are available. But I think it's cheaper to just buy the loaded ammo from you guys unless I can find someone to split the 2000 case purchase.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Hi!

How about unprimed 7,62X54r cases from china? I've reloaded many of them with berdan primers from canada ammo and the RCBS berdan depriming tool, the primer pocket is the same size and the KV-24N berdan primer fits perfectly. Secondly, i can't find the link to 7,62X39 cases in the canada ammo website, can you help?
    I'll be using the handyman secret weapon: Duct Tape!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegcaissy View Post
    Hi!

How about unprimed 7,62X54r cases from china? I've reloaded many of them with berdan primers from canada ammo and the RCBS berdan depriming tool, the primer pocket is the same size and the KV-24N berdan primer fits perfectly. Secondly, i can't find the link to 7,62X39 cases in the canada ammo website, can you help?
    We don't have the x39 cases listed. If you want I can list the cases and primers as a set

as for x54r cases, just no t enough demand to bring in unprimed cases. I'd be surprised if we sold a few 1000 per year

I already have the primers (KV-24N), i'm looking for cases to go with them X39 or X54r would be good. If the price is good on the X54r cases, i would be one of theses buyers.
    I'll be using the handyman secret weapon: Duct Tape!!