Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mag extension for the Cross 10/10?

Mag extension for the Cross 10/10?

I like the Cross 10-10 polymer way better than the other plastic pistol mags on the market. Wonder if GSdesigns will be developing an extension body for it?

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

I've seen in a previous post by them that they are not.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    Maybe contact Cross and suggest they consider it... They ARE a polymer company afterall!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Maybe contact Cross and suggest they consider it... They ARE a polymer company afterall!
    They already gave a hard no.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Yea many people asked Cross to do it and they said no way. Typical industry reaction to customer requests. I think there could be an opportunity there for GS designs.

Cheers
    Moe
    Thank you Stanislav Petrov..... every living thing thanks you.

I for one would be more likely to buy the cross mags if they had a dummy extension so you wouldn’t have to be dropping mags on the feed lips or swap them around. I prefer to just drop and jam a new mag in.

CGN frequent flyer
    Why not just buy 10/30 mags then?
    CCFR Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Craig0ry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VancouverS4 View Post
    Why not just buy 10/30 mags then?
    Because some people prefer a polymer mag
    I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Typical industry reaction to customer requests.
    They said it wouldn't be profitable. Prove them wrong and do it yourself.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Yea many people asked Cross to do it and they said no way. Typical industry reaction to customer requests. I think there could be an opportunity there for GS designs.

Cheers
    Moe
    No, it's been explained many times, some people just can't accept the reality of the situation. The way that the Cross Mags are designed the msrp on an extension would exceed the cost of just another magazine. The reason for this is that an injection molded extension would require at least 3 molded parts, and a spring, so now you have to design 3 new parts, and 3 new molds, which will cost 6 figures, to then only sell a tiny amount of product, so the extensions would likely have to cost well over $60 each, and it is unlikely you would even be able to do it that cheap for how small the market is.

This is where 3d printing is nice, for doing very low volumes, or for making features that can't be molded. You could print a single piece extension, where you can't do that with molding.

The downside to printing a mag extension is the weakness, a 3d printed extension for a Cross Mag is going to break very easily in any sort of competitive use, whereas running coupled Cross Mags will be able to sustain thousands of drops (if the mags are empty), and you'll be able to jump on the mags, run them over, etc. Of course you would have the added benefit of having a second fully functional mag is you ever felt like using it.

If you want to fairly compare 3d printing vs second mag, a printed mag extension is going to be around $20. A Cross Mag is $27. So you would be saving $7, for something that is going to break with any serious use, and serves no benefit over running a second mag. Seems pretty pointless to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast