TNW ARS Rifle Accessories

hical.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Business Member
Rating - 99.6%
256   1   0
We have just got a shipment of TNW ASR Rifle Accessories. We have 3 types of extended hand guards. match triggers, bolts ETC, have a look, HERE.

z6vLHgW.jpg

dQjM287.jpg

YlG0buk.jpg

Firstly, it's 'ASR' not 'ARS.' ARS would expand to 'Aero Rifle Survival,' where the actual name of the thing is 'Aero Survival Rifle.'

As for the serial, that's the action, the main tube. It's stamped on the lower right side near the front. So the lower is just a part, something one can swap with no legal issues in the USA nor Canada. Which is important as there are a few lowers required if you're going to be jumping around between .22lr, 10mm, .45" etc.

If/when you do... I found mine runs a lot more happily with a Strike Industries long flat-wire spring. It was okay with the stock spring and 147gr cartridges of a few types, but got fiddly when I changed bullet weights. The much more consistent cycling with the near-constant preload on the flat wire spring is much more forgiving. I also added about 3oz to the weight of the buffer weight, by drilling it to fit a tungsten rod 16mm x 42mm... but that's getting into gunsmithing sorts of stuff. It helped with keeping the bolt closed slightly longer which makes for less filth blowing back into the action and magazine, but not necessary really.

The other problems we have had with them are bad triggers & lack of handguards, we brought in parts to fix these shortcomings, they are a accurate convenient rifle.....

Yeah, I wasn't thrilled with the trigger in mine, so I spent an hour carefully polishing and eventually slightly re-profiling it so now it's at about 2/3 the factory weight and very smooth with a crisp release. Not everyone's cup of tea modifying such things though. I've heard good things about the two-stage version. But overall I'm not complaining - for around $800 Canadian, considering this is made with labour paid in USD in Oregon, it seems a heck of a good bargain.

Have one and it’s been pretty dang good no matter what we feed it.....which is nice when you see an FX-9 jamomatic when you try and feed it aluminum casings.

Don’t get me wrong like my Fx-9 but the fact this just keeps ticking no matter what is so much nicer. I think adding the longer handguard too might push this over and make it even cooler as that is my biggest complaint with my meaty chops.

Example of an accessorized ASR. The match grade trigger and the hand guard were the best additions to this 10 mm Auto ASR. Handguard is the top pic in the first post by HiCal if you wonder what it looks like with rails attached. They love Buffalo Bore Dangerous Game 220 gr pills and a slightly greater push then a .22 LR with the Wolf .40 cal brake. Will do 3" to 5" groups at 100 m & half that or better at 50 m. Excellent experience working with Hi Caliber Services! buy from HiCal with confidence.

Da4u1as.jpg

Last edited:
We have items and conversions coming in about 4 - 6 weeks, click the waitlist button on the item in the website, it will notify you as soon as it arrives.

In case some don't realize, you can switch safety and ejection from RH to LH. With ejection on LH, you can set up a brass catcher and still work the RH bolt ....never chase brass again!

Back
Top Bottom