Norinco / Dominion 1911s?

TimberWolf_3063

CGN Regular
Hello CanadaAmmo,

I'm going to just come right out and ask the question on everyone's mind:

Are you ever getting more 1911s in?

I have a few suggestions/requests for what I'd like to see, and I'm sure others will chime in here - there would definitely be a market, not just for myself but many other Canadian shooters.

First off: Engraving. "Dominion Arms" is fine, a "Norinco" script is OK, "1911A1 .45" is great - but NO big Norinco Communist star.

Second, I know you have offered two-tone in the past (stainless frame, blued slide) - may I suggest a reverse two-tone variant? (Blued frame, stainless slide)

Third, is there any consideration for a longslide, or a Canada-legal Officer's Model a la SAM Commander Special? (https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1745209-The-New-SAM-Commander-Special)

I have a few ideas floating around (a friend recently put me on to the joys of fitting custom parts to a 1911), which would require a half-dozen 1911s in various flavours:

- 2x blued, full-size, .45, regular (non-adjustable) sights, with the large, square, diagonal serrations on the slide (3 on the front, 7 on the rear)

- 2x stainless, full-size, .45, target (adjustable) sights, with the large, square, diagonal serrations on the slide (3 on the front, 7 on the rear), with or without threaded barrels

- 1x each:
Two-tone, full-size or longslide, 10mm or .45, regular (non-adjustable) sights, with the large, square, diagonal serrations on the slide (as appropriate for the size)
Reverse two-tone, Compact/Officer/hybrid, .45 or 9mm, regular (non-adjustable) sights, with the large, square, diagonal serrations on the slide (as appropriate for the size)

I can get any 1911 refinished and build what I want, but the frame dimensions and slide serrations are not so easily changed - hence my requests.

Please, let me know if there is anything waiting in the wings, or what you think of these suggestions.

Thank you!

I own one with the adjustable sight, in satin chrome. I could care less about the Star, these are what they are, and they come from where they do. Many of the features listed above would require additional process to do and would likely drive price up. For their price, and the good quality steel; buy a basic one and customize accordingly; custom slide etc. People don't hesitate to spend $1000.00 on customizing a 10-22. and it sells for about the same price as a new Nork .45; a good used one for less. Mine was lightly used, and works fine as it came out of the box, but i'm more concerned about function and accuracy than I am about appearances.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but this makes me wonder. Any chance you can tell us how many 1911's you brought in years ago from that cancelled military contract (the good old days of pistol and 1000 rounds of ammo for $500). I always wondered just how many pistols and rounds you went through in that hectic month or so

Back
Top Bottom