Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: IWA Show in Germany Cancelled due to Coronavirus

CGN Regular
    Edit
    Last edited by apexanimal; 02-12-2021 at 09:57 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Grizzlypeg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    This is getting stupid. People are panicking over a flu with a mortality rate of 1%, and shutting down the economy.
    If that's the case, 1%, then that makes it 10-20 times more deadly than the common flu. Multiply that times the 26 million that catch the flu each year in the united states and you have 250,000 deaths per year.

If at all possible, the spread has to be halted or else the implication of widespread covid 19 will be crippling to our medical system.
    NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST TO DISCLOSE “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Cesare Beccaria

Put a 0 behind that 1%. For the 10 people that died, 9 of them are undiagnosed and their bodies cremated right away following biohazard protocol. You know they dont have it under control and already lost count when they turn their hospital basement into a big giant body pile.

I am not saying be afraid of it, follow your 1st world countries hygiene stanards and you will most likely recover from it just like a regular cold
    Save Hong Kong!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    The mortality rate of those who are diagnosed in Korea is just 1%, just like China. Many people were probably infected, and just stayed home for a week and rode it out without even being counted.
    So you're guessing....

Quote Originally Posted by My Third Eye View Post
    I agree with Greentips fully. The people who are unfortunately dying are often the old, or already sick. If you are a healthy human you are more likely to die in a car accident.

I mean just look at the common flu;
    CDC estimates that influenza has resulted in between 9 million – 45 million illnesses, between 140,000 – 810,000 hospitalizations and between 12,000 – 61,000 deaths annually since 2010.
    < https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html >

I mean if your afraid of it, you do you. I ask that you at least be educated and understand the virus; while we should work to stop the spread and have quarantines there is no need for fear mongering or to even worry about especially if you don't live in a high population city here in beautiful Canada.

Just my thoughts.
    Not sure if you are aware of the number of people that require hospitalization/ intensive care, i think its hovering around 18%, but noone really knows for sure at this point, so lets look at it this way if say 500000 get infected, so possibly 90,000 people will need to be hospitalized/ critical care, dont know the logistics of big city hospitals, but thats alot of people heck even like 20,000 would probably be too much for a medium sized city medical infrastructure to handle, especially if a majority of patients end up on oxygen or a ventilator

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Grizzlypeg's Avatar
    This winter they were already overwhelmed by the common flu, Winnipeg hospitals were cancelling non essential surgery because of the spike in flu cases. The deaths will be only a small but sad part of the equation. Its the resources it will take to deal with the sick and dying. We need to control the spread until they have an effective vaccine.
    NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST TO DISCLOSE “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Cesare Beccaria

I worry more about my 2 young kids and my parents getting sick and needing to go to an overburdened hospital, I have stocked up on kids meds, vitamins, etc. And the last time I had the flu I stayed home in bed for a week and sent the family to the cottage, no biggie but I'm going to remain cautious.

R0 of 2-4 and our government is asking travelers from China nicely to quarantine themselves.

https://nationalpost.com/news/toront...eek-quarantine
    "As the great warrior poet Ice Cube once said 'if the day does not require an AK, it is good.'"

Proud with ignorance.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Just avoid large groups of people and touching public things. Watched a guy picking his nose with both hands at the same time today. Probably walked into 7/11 right after and key'd the debit machine. Corona virus is not something to be afraid of, maybe in downtown TO or Van but not rural Canada.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast