Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: IWA Show in Germany Cancelled due to Coronavirus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by brettmt View Post
    [...]. Along with the comment that the "old, weak, and already sick" are the only ones dying is completely asinine, yes they are more vulnerable but contracting the disease can lead to serious and life-threatening respiratory issues and we have seen Wuhan doctors (often middle-aged) die from the disease.[...].
    It's not only asinine, "old" describes the majority of gun owners in Canada. This is a gun forum.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Maybe it will completely wipe out China's manufacturing ability and we can finally get back to manufacturing quality products in our own countries instead of sourcing cheap garbage from China made with inferior materials, lower quality, lead paint, plastic rice, child labour and communism.

I'm thinking this could be a blessing to the rest of the world's economy, perhaps not interim but in the long haul. Sick of China killing our economy then using the profits to buy up BC and inflate our housing markets. We are only harming ourselves by supporting their twisted economy.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    While we're at it, for the non-believers who thinks coronavirus is just a joke, I received an email from Wyze about an upcoming product that was due for early-march:

but that will unfortunately have to wait a few more months. As you are probably aware, Coronavirus is starting to bleed into economic impact around the world and it's caused some delays in our supply chain.
    Wyze Lock Keypad will now be available in May. Maybe April, but probably May
    They're probably in on the joke. They're just delaying their product launch a couple months because they don't want to make money.

Panic is real, I've lost just over 5% in my RRSP over the last 2-3 weeks. I know it will bounce back once this crap is over.

My RRSP is divided into 2 funds, "Very Conservative - 70% fixed income", and "Conservative - 45% fixed income".

Yikes!
    ** Member CSSA, CCFR, NSSF and NRA ** Why aren't you?
    http://www.youtube.com/battlebeaver

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Wallenstein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L86 All Terrain View Post
    Maybe it will completely wipe out China's manufacturing ability and we can finally get back to manufacturing quality products in our own countries instead of sourcing cheap garbage from China made with inferior materials, lower quality, lead paint, plastic rice, child labour and communism.

I'm thinking this could be a blessing to the rest of the world's economy, perhaps not interim but in the long haul. Sick of China killing our economy then using the profits to buy up BC and inflate our housing markets. We are only harming ourselves by supporting their twisted economy.
    You may very well be right, Govts and Companies will seek to diversify their sourcing.

Especially on Pharmaceuticals.

While I am no fan of Corporate Welfare, a home sponsored Manufacturing Industry for vital medicine would be a worthwhile thing for Government funds to support as a strategic resource.

Now the bad news, I heard on the radio that there is eleven confirmed cases now in Canada, six of these in British Columbia. This could already be a pandemic!
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Wallenstein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    Now the bad news, I heard on the radio that there is eleven confirmed cases now in Canada, six of these in British Columbia. This could already be a pandemic!
    It's here for sure. People can be a-symptomatic for a long time.

Many may be spreading it without a clue.

That said, it still seems to be a virus that is mainly dangerous to the elderly and those who have existing serious conditions.

The economic impact may have far more long lasting impact than the Vrius itself.

Munich Hi-Fi show just cancelled as well...this is a high-end audio show for Europe...think "Sands Tower" stuff from CES for those in the know...basically, anything an audio store would have for the European market.

My personal concern with this virus is not for myself. I'm certain I have a healthy enough system to get thru it, but it will kill my father. My dad is immune compromised. He had cancer in his 40's and after full chemo was in complete remission but they told him that it would create problems with his bone marrow later. He now basically doesn't have the ability to produce white blood cells...he is super active but actively avoids crowds, especially in closed spaces (schools, events, malls etc.). He washes all the buggy handles in supermarkets and if anyone is sick, they totally stay away from him etc. If he gets this virus, he's dead.
    All-in-all, we love Texas. Everyone is polite, friendly and well armed.

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    The mortality rate of those who are diagnosed in Korea is just 1%, just like China. Many people were probably infected, and just stayed home for a week and rode it out without even being counted.
    It's all fear ####.
    Remember mad cow, Zika, sars ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Not sure what to be more upset about. Someone minimizing 1% deaths as "old people, or already sick", or someone taking Communist China's word at the mortality rate.

Considering one owns the site. Its pretty scary.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.