Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Henry Garden Gun Smoothbore .22 Just Arrived

CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 45CAT View Post
    You hunt in a grocery store ? ��
    would be good for the back room at many grocery stores to trim the often unspoken rodent populations. I will be using this to shoot wasp nest off my house this summer and whatever else I can find.

Quote Originally Posted by 7055steved View Post
    LOL at turkey hunting with this thing.

It does my red squirrels in nicely. I've got them on the run on the eaves trough about to make it to the latest opening they've made for me to fix. The shot doesn't hurt the house but puts a stop to their tyranny.
    Interesting that its effective on squirls. Does it actually kill them outright? one issue I have always had with my 455fps air rifle is that it may drop pigeons from barn rafters they are often alive when they hit the ground. I always had to carry an ice scraper with me to finish of the odd one that was still blinking. It would be nice if I didn't have to decap them while they blinked at me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by philhut View Post
    would be good for the back room at many grocery stores to trim the often unspoken rodent populations. I will be using this to shoot wasp nest off my house this summer and whatever else I can find.

Interesting that its effective on squirls. Does it actually kill them outright? one issue I have always had with my 455fps air rifle is that it may drop pigeons from barn rafters they are often alive when they hit the ground. I always had to carry an ice scraper with me to finish of the odd one that was still blinking. It would be nice if I didn't have to decap them while they blinked at me.
    Wasp nest is the first thing i thought before buying the GG.

Number 12 shot is .053mm dia.

Also the 22 lr shotshell carry 68 pounds of energy tru 151 pellets.

That is .45 pound of energy per pellets.
    Any small critters hit with 5 or more pellets within 30 feets shoud die fast.
    Last edited by caramel; 03-02-2020 at 09:51 AM.
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    id love to have one but can't see my self paying that kind of price for a smooth bore .22 henry has the msrp above what their base lever action cost. you can get one of them little 9mm rimfire garden guns much cheaper and it will be much more effective or pick up a cheap .22 single shot and have it bored smooth.

the bore for .22 shot is supposed to be what the minimum bore diameter of a .22lr rifle is supposed to be I think something like .217" or .218" so it should be cheaper considering all they have to do is bore the barrel and not rifle it leaving a step out of the production process and in turn it cost them less

Quote Originally Posted by groundskeeper willy View Post
    Manitoba mosquitoes finally met their match!!
    I hear that two of them can pick up a chicken!!!.......
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhog View Post
    I hear that two of them can pick up a chicken!!!.......
    2 to pick up a chicken, damn you grow them small. Here in N. Ontario we have to bring in the cows

Quote Originally Posted by 45CAT View Post
    2 to pick up a chicken, damn you grow them small. Here in N. Ontario we have to bring in the cows
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

Quote Originally Posted by philhut View Post
    It does kill them just fine actually! You have to be reasonable with your range obviously, but 10 yards or less is a sure thing on red squirrels. I haven't tried out to 15 yards yet other than on paper which looked promising, but I don't care for having to finish off anything afterwards either.
    I love not man the less, but nature more.
    Lord Gordon Byron

CGN frequent flyer JohnnyPython's Avatar
    Thanks TGS!!!!! Ordered yesterday afternoon and in my hands less than 24 hours later.

Like all Henrys - really nice. Wood looks amazing. Can’t wait to shoot it. Going to get some ammo right now.

Business Member Tillsonburg Gun Shop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPython View Post
    Thanks TGS!!!!! Ordered yesterday afternoon and in my hands less than 24 hours later.

Like all Henrys - really nice. Wood looks amazing. Can’t wait to shoot it. Going to get some ammo right now.
    I am glad you are happy with your Henry. Thank you for your purchase and have fun with it!! Jeff

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast