Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Henry Garden Gun Smoothbore .22 Just Arrived

Business Member Tillsonburg Gun Shop's Avatar

Henry Garden Gun Smoothbore .22 Just Arrived

We just received these sweet little Henry Garden Guns. Almost nothing cooler than a .22 lever action shotgun for taking care of small pests or just blasting pop cans!!

Henry Garden Gun Smoothbore .22 $474.95<Click here to purchase yours today!

Name:  h001gg.jpg
Views: 4199
Size:  15.8 KB

Name:  h001gg 2.jpg
Views: 4199
Size:  14.9 KB

The Henry Garden Gun is one that belongs right by your side as soon as you walk out the front door to start the day’s chores. Tuck it next to the seat of your tractor or riding mower and have it at the ready for when something slithers into view through the grass, dispatch those barn-dwelling birds without dispatching the barn around them, or exterminate the mice that are turning your garden into a buffet. This smoothbore lever action is a workhorse that belongs in a toolbox just as much as a gun safe.Using shotshell with a rifled barrel spreads the shot pattern too wide to be effective and damages the rifling over time, which is why our Garden Gun features an 18.5” round blued steel barrel that is void of any rifling, providing the perfect platform for slinging .22 LR shotshell projectiles in a tight pattern. And with a 15-round capacity there is plenty to go around.

The black ash furniture provides a rugged look and sets this shotgun apart from the otherwise very similar Classic Lever Action .22. A blued steel hammer, lever and trigger are at the heart of the exceptionally smooth action, which you must feel to believe. The adjustable rear sight and blade front sight provide all the accuracy you could need for the short-range shots that the Garden Gun is intended for. At a mere 5.25 lbs. and a compact overall length of 36.5” this is a trim package for grab-and-go convenience.When your pests are all gone you just might find yourself asking the neighbors if you can help with theirs.

Model Number - H001GG

Action Type - Lever Action

Caliber - .22 LR Shotshell

Capacity - 15 Rounds
    Last edited by Tillsonburg Gun Shop; 02-29-2020 at 04:12 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Very interesting.

I would love to see what a pattern looks like on a paper target.

Why do I want this so bad???? I have absolutely 0 need for one.

CGN frequent flyer lupothebutcher's Avatar
    I honestly had to read the whole description to understand the point of a smooth-bore .22; that said, it does make sense....As someone who has never tried a .22 shot-shell, what sort of range and lethality will you get out of one? Say a small bird or rat sized target at 15 meters? Better? Worse? I grew up thinking that .22 shot-shells were just sort of for trick-shooters to shoot plates and clays whiles riding horses and not killing their audiences....
    The legal firearm owner in Canada must be very careful to follow the letter of the law in regards to the firearms act, he must, above all, be very careful NOT to try to interject REASON or COMMON SENSE into the process

I have a smooth bore 22 and compared it to my Remington 597 with Federal shot shells (the ones with crimped brass ends). The rifled barrel threw an inconsistent pattern that was pretty useless past 3-5 yards. The smooth bore was a 12" pattern at 10 yards and at 15 yards was about 18". 15 yards was still a dense enough pattern for pest control but barely.

I use it for red squirrels whose aim is to chew their way into my attic and I've got them at 10 yards no problem.
    I love not man the less, but nature more.
    Lord Gordon Byron

CGN frequent flyer Prairie Plinker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7055steved View Post
    I have a smooth bore 22 and compared it to my Remington 597 with Federal shot shells (the ones with crimped brass ends). The rifled barrel threw an inconsistent pattern that was pretty useless past 3-5 yards. The smooth bore was a 12" pattern at 10 yards and at 15 yards was about 18". 15 yards was still a dense enough pattern for pest control but barely.

I use it for red squirrels whose aim is to chew their way into my attic and I've got them at 10 yards no problem.
    Thanks for posting your experience, I always wondered what a smooth bore would do for the little .22 shotshells. I fired some of those crimped Federal ones out of my Henry Golden Boy a few years back just for giggles, and yeah, 5 yards would be pushing the limits, the rifling just grabs hold of the pellets and wings 'em out in all directions, randomly.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Yep.
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

CGN frequent flyer JohnnyPython's Avatar
    22plinkster has a great review on the GG. Essentially à .22 shotgun.

https://youtu.be/stuL6O-duVg

Shows and compares the patterning of the GG and a rifled 22.

Don’t absolutely need one but Henrys are great guns.

Business Member Tillsonburg Gun Shop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPython View Post
    22plinkster has a great review on the GG. Essentially à .22 shotgun.

https://youtu.be/stuL6O-duVg

Shows and compares the patterning of the GG and a rifled 22.

Don’t absolutely need one but Henrys are great guns.

Thanks for posting that video. I added it to our product page. Jeff

CGN frequent flyer JohnnyPython's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tillsonburg Gun Shop View Post
    Thanks for posting that video. I added it to our product page. Jeff
    Is this a pre-order or are the GGs in the store?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast