Thread: white grease for p226?

white grease for p226?

Was wondering what good greases are use for sigs. Sig recommends the white lithium but haven't found any for firearms use.
    So far the only grease I found was the "shooter's choice all weather firearm grease".

CGN Regular
    Permatex high performance synthetic grease and Lucas Red N Tacky both work really well on my west German p226 and 1911 elite 9mm, as well as the bolt on my AR. I think the Lucas is actually better performing and hangs in there well even when it heats, but man does it stink (hot or cold).

Both available at just about every CT and cheap.

I use Mil Comm TW25b grease. Also have the mil comm oil. It’s expensive but can’t go wrong. And it’s used in Gatling guns on Apache helicopters so it must be awesome

CGN Regular
    I've just been using Lucas Oil and a cleaner. Seems to be fine, 2500 rounds.

mil-spec Lubriplate 130-a or 105 is what your looking for in "white-grease"

I've used it forever. However, my go-to for routine maintenance is T-40 (KL-73) Krown. I use it for cleaning, lubrication and protection. Lubriplate gets dapped on sliding parts after a major cleaning...which isn't very often.
    If you meet more than one azzhole per day...chances are you're the azzhole....

Any bearing grease will do

I have used Super Lube synthetic grease and oilers for years, both are clear. the oilers are like a pen with a pocket clip, heaver than light gun oil, stays where you put it, winter time it would be great for slides. All I use on my hi standard slides, as I find grease too heavy, slow the slide down.
    I don't really think brand has much to do with it, any will work, cold weather you don't want a heavy grease
    This is just what I do. I have a fellow that Has to have Rem oil for his Rem shot guns and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by shuraparabellum View Post
    Any bearing grease will do
    You can even remove the word "bearing".

This tread is hilarious !!!!!
    I live in a country where we cast votes with a pencil !!!!!