Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Pedersoli project

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TreMoR's Avatar
    tag
    « When injustice becomes law, resistance is a duty » - « Quand l'injustice devient loi, la résistance est un devoir » by : Thomas Jefferson.

Id be interested as well but in a rifle only version. Something small and handy.

All righty, I’m in providing the lines are nice....... Seriously
    CCFR / CSSA...... Be Engaged.

CGN Regular
    English stock or Prince of Whale stock (semi-grip) for a light slim line ?
    Pistol grip and beefier stock?

Marstar, with the fifty rifles ask minimum order is it a fesable thing?
    Last edited by enoch; 03-10-2020 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Added questions

So you are basically asking for a Kodiak double rifle in a lighter frame and with shorter barrels without the 5 grand price tag! If you could I would go with a 454 and 410 chamber and that should give you 45 colt +p loads also

CGN Regular
    Ajax I doubt that the frame of the Howdaw pistol could take 454 pressure! I would be happy with the 45 colt +P !
    But yes if they could make it in 460 or 454 they would sell like hot cakes.

The way I see it this would be a nice classic looking double
    Rifle/shotgun for hunting deer up close , protection and survival. As I do not live in grizzly country the higher pressure rounds are not a necessity, but would be nice.
    Last edited by enoch; 03-11-2020 at 12:26 PM.

enoch, I like the way you think!

After more thought on the subject if a 45 Long colt with black powder was supposed to be able to take a horse out from underneath a rider with a single action revolver back in the old days so it should be good enough for a deer or even a calf Moose at close range out of the 16 inch barrels like you say! Thinking a little more I would just go with 45 Long colt chamber and rifled barrels for better accuracy! This is where things get expensive in double rifles to get them regulated for both barrels to shoot at point of aim.
    As this would be a fun and interesting gun for me I would not worry about the 410, I would just make my own 410 shotshells per se out of 45 Long colt brass or even the 454 brass and load them like the old brass shot shells. There is quite a bit of information online and some YouTube videos on this it’s pretty interesting, actually RCBS makes dies for reloading the shot shells!

CGN Regular
    The Howdaw pistol has rifled barrels already and they have
    Counter rifled "choke" to stop the spinning of lead shot. You could use it a a double sxs 410 shotgun, double 45 colt rifle or a cape gun one 45 colt barrel and one .410 shotgun barrel.
    Last edited by enoch; 03-10-2020 at 06:49 PM.

Well I’m glad you asked about this as I’m a double barrel fanatic! I have the Kodiak in 45-70 now so I hope this works out and the price is reasonable as I would definitely like to pull the trigger on one!

CGN Regular
    Marstar should give us news anytime now on the feasibility, price and is ok ETA. they also hinted at a double rifle project or somerhing!

Come on Marstar keep us informed ! LOL

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast