NON-Restricted 5.56 from MacDef and BCL - SLR Coyote coming soon

TSE JR

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor
Business Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
BCL COYOTE.jpg

A new NON-Restrict option in 5.56mm ;);););)

We would like to introduce the BCL SLR Coyote Non Restricted 5.56 Rifle. 18.6" Barrel, Semi Auto.

We expect delivery to start delivery in the next few weeks.

We also ABSOLUTELY HATE Pre-Sales, so just keep us in mind. We have a ton on order as well as this is an offering through North Sylva.

Stay tuned as we'll all be getting them around the same time.

Regards,

JR

PRESS RELEASE

Black Creek Labs and Maccabee Defense Inc., collaborate to offer the “SLR Coyote”
a non-restricted, 5.56 calibre, semi-automatic rifle.

Petition e-2341 has now closed with an unprecedented 175,310 signatures. This is a testament to
how a great number of Canadians from vastly different backgrounds can proudly pull together for
what they believe in. This petition was a call upon the Liberal Government of Canada to put any
new firearms laws, bans or changes before the house of commons for debate instead of the
“egregious” use of an Order in Council, which bypasses the democratic process. With the potential
ban of certain firearms still looming, the battle is not over yet, but I am certainly proud of how our
industry has responded, and I am honoured to be part of this community.

Another unexpected but remarkable response to this potential firearms ban is something that will
strengthen Canadian firearms manufacturers for years to come. In recent years (or at least for the
short period of time that I have been involved in the industry), the majority of firearms
manufacturers did not communicate with each other and often treated each other more as
corporate enemies than like-minded organizations that can help each other succeed. Fortunately,
the looming threat of a gun ban has inadvertently created a new bond between many Canadian
manufacturers and as a result, there has been a drastic increase in communication, collaboration
and joint projects. Black Creek Labs has taken an open approach to this new environment and has
been actively working on numerous projects with other Canadian manufacturers and organizations
involved in the Canadian firearms community.

In an unprecedented joint venture, Black Creek Labs and Maccabee Defense Inc. have been working
together to finally offer the SLR Coyote. This rifle is a semi-automatic rifle chambered in 5.56 that
was created to offer the Canadian public a new, non-restricted rifle in an enduring political
environment that has not classified many new non-restricted semi-automatic rifles.

The SLR Coyote is made from a standard Maccabee SLR lower receiver, but it has been mated with a
Black Creek Coyote upper receiver. The SLR mating system creates a more stable receiver platform
and the Coyote dualithic upper receiver creates a true free-float rail to receiver mating system,
giving the SLR Coyote the potential to be one of the most accurate 5.56 semi-automatics available
today.

The SLR Coyote will be released in March 2020 and Black Creek will also release an “e-2341” version, which was created to show our support and to honour the way the firearms community has come together during a political environment that threatens our legal right to own firearms. The “e-2341” version of the SLR Coyote will be chambered in 5.56, have an 18.6 inch barrel and the caliber marking on the upper receiver will be replaced with e-2341, immortalizing the way the Canadian firearms community and firearms manufacturers have joint forces and come together.

Black Creek will be donating a percentage of the proceeds from the sale of every e-2341 version of
the SLR Coyote to both the CSAAA, (Canadian Sporting Arms and Ammunition Association) and the
CCFR, (Canadian Coalition for Firearms Rights). Stay tuned for more information including
technical specifications, video and photos of the SLR Coyote.

Proud to be Canadian,

Rob MacIntyre
CEO – Black Creek Labs

Attachments

• BCL COYOTE.jpg
    BCL COYOTE.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 2,456
Last edited:
We also ABSOLUTELY HATE Pre-Sales, so just keep us in mind.

I wish more retailers would adopt this mentality. Pre-orders always go to hell in a handbasket. Put them on the shelf and they will sell... without all the bs, drama and stress.

This stuff is supposed to be fun. Good on ya for keeping it that way :cheers:

I’ll buy from you just because you hate pre-orders. Please PM me if possible when they’re available for purchase. Thanks

does this change anything with the whole sterling arms 556 plan?

^^^^ This. I would much rather wait and see what Sterling has come up with for a Receiver configuration instead of diving into a MacDef Receiver set. I would assume that MacDef have addressed some of the early issues with overly tight split-pin holes and so forth, but have they? I dunno...

I sincerely hope not. Am I the only one that find the magwell angle hideous? Not to mention the screw.

I find the fire control group pins hideous, but still like the ARs. No pins on this makes for a sleek looking receiver. What ever floats your boat.

does this change anything with the whole sterling arms 556 plan?

Absolutely not. We're almost a year into the 5.56 project and are not stopping. I learned long ago, after biting my own nose off a few times, that I need to make business decisions based on the market, not what others are doing or saying about me.... I still think there is a huge market for another well built, easily assembled, accurate, well priced non-restricted sporter.

To ensure we don't have teathing issues with this, we plan on running small test batches soon... we ran the prototypes and were happy, but nothing beats a good old torture test.

JR

Exciting. :)

Absolutely not. We're almost a year into the 5.56 project and are not stopping. I learned long ago, after biting my own nose off a few times, that I need to make business decisions based on the market, not what others are doing or saying about me.... I still think there is a huge market for another well built, easily assembled, accurate, well priced non-restricted sporter.

To ensure we don't have teathing issues with this, we plan on running small test batches soon... we ran the prototypes and were happy, but nothing beats a good old torture test.

JR

JR

" … nothing beats a good old torture test ….." I could not agree more. Torture test this rifle and then put the video on YouTube. It will be your greatest advertisement for this rifle.

JR

More good options for the Canadian market is always a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom