Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NON-Restricted 5.56 from MacDef and BCL - SLR Coyote coming soon

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar

Red face NON-Restricted 5.56 from MacDef and BCL - SLR Coyote coming soon

Name:  BCL COYOTE.jpg
Views: 2439
Size:  32.7 KB

A new NON-Restrict option in 5.56mm

We would like to introduce the BCL SLR Coyote Non Restricted 5.56 Rifle. 18.6" Barrel, Semi Auto.

We expect delivery to start delivery in the next few weeks.

We also ABSOLUTELY HATE Pre-Sales, so just keep us in mind. We have a ton on order as well as this is an offering through North Sylva.

Stay tuned as we'll all be getting them around the same time.

Regards,

JR

PRESS RELEASE

Black Creek Labs and Maccabee Defense Inc., collaborate to offer the “SLR Coyote”
    a non-restricted, 5.56 calibre, semi-automatic rifle.

Petition e-2341 has now closed with an unprecedented 175,310 signatures. This is a testament to
    how a great number of Canadians from vastly different backgrounds can proudly pull together for
    what they believe in. This petition was a call upon the Liberal Government of Canada to put any
    new firearms laws, bans or changes before the house of commons for debate instead of the
    “egregious” use of an Order in Council, which bypasses the democratic process. With the potential
    ban of certain firearms still looming, the battle is not over yet, but I am certainly proud of how our
    industry has responded, and I am honoured to be part of this community.

Another unexpected but remarkable response to this potential firearms ban is something that will
    strengthen Canadian firearms manufacturers for years to come. In recent years (or at least for the
    short period of time that I have been involved in the industry), the majority of firearms
    manufacturers did not communicate with each other and often treated each other more as
    corporate enemies than like-minded organizations that can help each other succeed. Fortunately,
    the looming threat of a gun ban has inadvertently created a new bond between many Canadian
    manufacturers and as a result, there has been a drastic increase in communication, collaboration
    and joint projects. Black Creek Labs has taken an open approach to this new environment and has
    been actively working on numerous projects with other Canadian manufacturers and organizations
    involved in the Canadian firearms community.

In an unprecedented joint venture, Black Creek Labs and Maccabee Defense Inc. have been working
    together to finally offer the SLR Coyote. This rifle is a semi-automatic rifle chambered in 5.56 that
    was created to offer the Canadian public a new, non-restricted rifle in an enduring political
    environment that has not classified many new non-restricted semi-automatic rifles.

The SLR Coyote is made from a standard Maccabee SLR lower receiver, but it has been mated with a
    Black Creek Coyote upper receiver. The SLR mating system creates a more stable receiver platform
    and the Coyote dualithic upper receiver creates a true free-float rail to receiver mating system,
    giving the SLR Coyote the potential to be one of the most accurate 5.56 semi-automatics available
    today.

The SLR Coyote will be released in March 2020 and Black Creek will also release an “e-2341” version, which was created to show our support and to honour the way the firearms community has come together during a political environment that threatens our legal right to own firearms. The “e-2341” version of the SLR Coyote will be chambered in 5.56, have an 18.6 inch barrel and the caliber marking on the upper receiver will be replaced with e-2341, immortalizing the way the Canadian firearms community and firearms manufacturers have joint forces and come together.

Black Creek will be donating a percentage of the proceeds from the sale of every e-2341 version of
    the SLR Coyote to both the CSAAA, (Canadian Sporting Arms and Ammunition Association) and the
    CCFR, (Canadian Coalition for Firearms Rights). Stay tuned for more information including
    technical specifications, video and photos of the SLR Coyote.

Proud to be Canadian,

Rob MacIntyre
    CEO – Black Creek Labs
    Last edited by TSE JR; 03-02-2020 at 04:32 PM.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    We also ABSOLUTELY HATE Pre-Sales, so just keep us in mind.
    I wish more retailers would adopt this mentality. Pre-orders always go to hell in a handbasket. Put them on the shelf and they will sell... without all the bs, drama and stress.

This stuff is supposed to be fun. Good on ya for keeping it that way
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    I wish more retailers would adopt this mentality. Pre-orders always go to hell in a handbasket. Put them on the shelf and they will sell... without all the bs, drama and stress.

This stuff is supposed to be fun. Good on ya for keeping it that way
    I totally agree

I’ll buy from you just because you hate pre-orders. Please PM me if possible when they’re available for purchase. Thanks
    I’m here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I’m all out of gum.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    type III anodized?
    barrel maker?

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    type III anodized?
    barrel maker?
    Yes... Type III and BCL makes their own barrels. I do not know who the blanks come from, but the are not IBI for this project.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

does this change anything with the whole sterling arms 556 plan?

Quote Originally Posted by taeish View Post
    ^^^^ This. I would much rather wait and see what Sterling has come up with for a Receiver configuration instead of diving into a MacDef Receiver set. I would assume that MacDef have addressed some of the early issues with overly tight split-pin holes and so forth, but have they? I dunno...
    Mark C

I sincerely hope not. Am I the only one that find the magwell angle hideous? Not to mention the screw.

Quote Originally Posted by taeish View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Schlieren View Post
    I sincerely hope not. Am I the only one that find the magwell angle hideous? Not to mention the screw.
    Nope, you are certainly not alone. Hence my comment above.
    Mark C

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast