Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Spuhr - The World's Toughest Mounts

Hi, I have a razor Gen 3 and would like to know the exact mount for it, I am concerned with the high of the mount/rings. The rifle is a AI AX308.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo View Post
    Hi, I have a razor Gen 3 and would like to know the exact mount for it, I am concerned with the high of the mount/rings. The rifle is a AI AX308.
    You can visit Tenda or Firearms Outlet Canada, both carry Spuhr mounts in different heights for you to try.

1.5" high mount should work.

I am looking to get a mount for 30mm tube with a 20 moa can’t. What height would work on a Trg 42 and a nightforce nx8 4-32?

Quote Originally Posted by RTYK View Post
    I am looking to get a mount for 30mm tube with a 20 moa can’t. What height would work on a Trg 42 and a nightforce nx8 4-32?
    Set the rifle up to fit you, and determine what scope height you need. No one can answer that but you.
    Free men DO NOT ask permission.
    "Don't hate me because I'm black." - Black Rifles
    Eradicate Nazism in Ukraine.
    IRUNGUNS will take your money and not supply what you’ve paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by RTYK View Post
    1.5"

Dual dot, the simple way of having two dots for two distances or two different ammos, like sub and super.

A very simple project that we never yet produced but obtained a patent for.

By far easyest solution for having two different zeros.

I can't believe Spuhr would completely mess up the sp4002 mount with new design it looks like s××t now! Why fix it if it ain't broken!

Some background to yestersdays photo of a dual aimpointmount. Years back I was contacted by a well known SF group and the need was a sightmount for an Aimpoint with two individual zeros in the mount.
    This was well before tarachq and wilcox boss.
    The gun was a .300 blk that should fire both subsonic and supersonic. Here is my first attempt to solve the problem. A mount with a lever for two settings.
    When you zero it you zero in position A, lever at front.
    You zero with the aimpoint.
    When you switch ammo you put lever in B position (rearward) and zero elevation with adjustment screw at right side of base.
    The mount for twist mount is built into the mount.
    The whole idea failed as the vindage movement of the subsonic bullet was so big so vindage adjustment was badly needed for position B.
    I really don’t want to make a mount with adjustments on both vindage and elevation as that is asking for problem, yes basicly the whole idea for adjustable mounts when it comes to some sort of accuracy is a gigant ####up!
    So i suggested that we should incorporate the vindage movement in the base, but a forced non adjustable movement so they should simply specify how much windage adjustment they needed for every mil of elevation travel.
    They did not accept that and required that both zeros should be individually movable and that was then i made the dual aimpoint mount i showed yesterday.
    They was not interested in a dual mount and only wanted a mount for aimpoint with two zeros in.
    As it’s my absolute opinion that it’s a really bad idea ai left the project.
    Another well known company took over but since i never saw any products I assume it didnt went as planned.