Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and its effect on food supplies.

Last edited by powerbench; 03-04-2020 at 04:57 PM.

My wife and I were talking about the news this morning about how the Federal Health Minister said to "Stockpile" supplies a couple days ago, so of course that along with social media over blowing things apparently makes for empty shelves in the stores.

Hand sanitizer in short supply!! (And with inflated costs! After all, now is the time to price gouge!)

I didn't by any sanitizer. I didn't by any canned goods. Heck, I don't even have a full tank of petro.

I told my wife not to worry though, the one thing I DO have is a LOT of ammunition!! :D

And in the end when it all turns to ####.... it isn't the guy with the most "gold" who wins (or the most hand sanitizer)...

The one who wins is the guy with the most ammo! LOL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    ~20% of symptomatic cases need a stay in the ICU. That's not going to happen, so expect a lot more than 2-3% dying...
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

With all the preppers coming out of the woodwork and stroking each other in the other CoronaVirus thread. Folks fantasizing about trading boos, ammos and asking what females are good for in a post apocalyptic world. Now we get a guy (3 post above) who is talking about how he is going to win in the end because he has lots of ammo...I don't know man...this is getting borderline delusional.

Corona-virus has a fatality rate of 3% and if you are young and healthy it's less than 0.5%.... law and order will still exist for the foreseeable future....nothing to get excited about folks.
    Last edited by fluidmax; 03-04-2020 at 05:01 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    interest rate drop .5% ..Don't worry the guberment will handle it..

xxxxxxxx
    Last edited by BRASSTACKS; 03-04-2020 at 05:55 PM.
    CCFR Member

uphere we only have the expensive TP left, no bleach, no dishsoap, no large bags of rice, no bagels etc. Looks like shortages but it maybe just that the truck was late today. Lol

Bought a couple xtra bags of tatter tots, so im good

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Wallenstein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fluidmax View Post
    With all the preppers coming out of the woodwork and stroking each other in the other CoronaVirus thread. Folks fantasizing about trading boos, ammos and asking what females are good for in a post apocalyptic world. Now we get a guy (3 post above) who is talking about how he is going to win in the end because he has lots of ammo...I don't know man...this is getting borderline delusional.

Corona-virus has a fatality rate of 3% and if you are young and healthy it's less than 0.5%.... law and order will still exist for the foreseeable future....nothing to get excited about folks.
    Everyone laughs at the Prepper, until they don't.

No one in their right mind actually wants a SHTF, but this Virus has already shown that both supply chains and financial markets are very fragile.

If this Virus turns out to be just a "shot across the bows" and things calm down again, it wouldn't be an argument against preparedness : it would just give us more time to be ready for when things really do go south.

We have been blessed in the West with an unprecedented period of posterity and peace since WW 2.

The rest of the World knows that is not the norm for human history.

A very rude wake call will happen.

If you can get ready now, do it. Maybe not for yourself, but for your kids to whom you can impart the mindset, skills and tools.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    We are a fragile country (western society as a whole). In World War 2 we lost just under 50000 soldier out of a population of 12 million (1 in 240). In Afghanistan there was around 100 killed out of 30+ million population (1 in 300,000) and there was allot of backlash. We are not prepared for inconvenient or uncomfortable circumstances. As soon as the cases reached 5000 and the death toll goes over 100, this whole country will change forever.