Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: SEND THEM IN ! GSG-16 update for Dlask Arms Corp.

I got my barrel and installed it today.
    I test fired it and unfortunately it fails to extract. The lack of an extractor cutout on the barrel is no good. How do I fix this?
    Last edited by JoeShmow; 03-13-2020 at 01:11 PM.
    Pick up the receiver... I'll make you a believer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmow View Post
    I test fired it and unfortunately it fails to extract. The lack of an extractor cutout on the barrel is no good. How do I fix this?
    edited to remove bits about an extractor groove as quoted below - I must be imagining things. According to Dlask a gunsmith needs to install it and tune it.

Also - by not pinning your stock you no longer have a non-restricted firearm, it is now restricted.

https://dlaskarms.com/product/pre-or...g-16-barrel-9/
    Last edited by Paul_T; 03-12-2020 at 11:50 PM.
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    You need to have an extractor groove cut into the barrel - that was made clear if you ordered the barrel by itself. A gunsmith needs to install it and tune it.

Also - by not pinning your stock you no longer have a non-restricted firearm.
    It was made clear that I have to cut a groove into the barrel?
    The OAL is exactly 26" with an A2 flash hider installed. I will probably print a new buffer tube that doesn't allow the stock to collapse shorter than 26".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    The OAL is exactly 26" with an A2 flash hider installed. I will probably print a new buffer tube that doesn't allow the stock to collapse shorter than 26".
    Pretty sure a screw on flash hider cannot be used to calculate OAL, but YMMV....

I like the look of what you did making a buffer tube for the AR style stock - looks good.

Somewhere in the lengthy threads regarding the 9 inch barrels I thought there was a post that a gunsmith had to cut an extractor groove in the barrel.

I must be imagining things though - looking at the barrel they installed for me there is no groove cut in the barrel..... but there is a slight chamfer at the bottom of the barrel where the round will feed into it.

FWIW they say on the preorder page I linked that self installation they don't guarantee the rifle will function.

Last edited by Paul_T; 03-12-2020 at 11:57 PM.
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote from Dlask
    "These barrels are to be installed by either us (installation and tuning is an additional $100) or a licensed gunsmith. If you install it yourself we do not guarantee the rifle will function."

Found here at the pre-order link:

JoeShmow, it sounds like you need to either have a gunsmith look at it OR send it to Dlask for them to Re & Re...

I send mine to Dlask for this exact reason, I wanted the rifle back tested & with a function guarantee. Fingers crossed my GSG16 runs like a hot damn when I get it back.
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Yes It was made quite clear that a extractor cut was needed to be made. FYI you posted a picture without a FH installed, so better start printing and or pinning asap, or calling to register it as a restricted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Not *super* difficult but certainly not a novice job. The two things we have noticed when testing / tuning is to polish the chamber really well and cut the extractor notch properly. Other than that I am not giving advice or instruction on the install in case it goes sideways and you want to hold us liable. Sorry.
    Last edited by OkayShooter; 03-13-2020 at 07:42 AM.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    Yes It was made quite clear that a extractor cut was needed to be made. FYI you posted a picture without a FH installed, so better start printing and or pinning asap, or calling to register it as a restricted.
    Don't I have 30 days to register it?

Don't I have 30 days to register it?
    Don't think so. So start pinning or start printing ASAP.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    but before that, he should DELETE the pic .

I pinned the stock open until I print a different one that doesn't allow it to collapse beyond 26".