Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: SEND THEM IN ! GSG-16 update for Dlask Arms Corp.

Just dropped mine in the mail to you guys today. woot woot.

Do we get the stock barrel back?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmow View Post
    I got my barrel and installed it today.
    I test fired it and unfortunately it fails to extract. The lack of an extractor cutout on the barrel is no good. How do I fix this?
    I used a flat file to chamfer the edge of the barrel where the existing extractor cutout is on the side and it ejects fine. (if youre looking at the breech body/barrel its the cutout at 3 o'clock). Wasnt willing to pay a smith to file down some metal.

CGN Regular
    Well it functions awesome. just put 400 rounds threw it. only had a couple of problems with the drum mag. i have 5 stick mags, all were perfect. mixed old ammo. love this gun. gonna keep it forever. thanks dlask

Quote Originally Posted by KHTL View Post
    I used a flat file to chamfer the edge of the barrel where the existing extractor cutout is on the side and it ejects fine. (if youre looking at the breech body/barrel its the cutout at 3 o'clock). Wasnt willing to pay a smith to file down some metal.
    I filed a chamfer into the barrel. I tested it with CCI quiets (710 fps) and it extracts the case but but the case gets pinched in the ejection port by the returning bolt carrier. I tested it with the regular CCI subsonics (can't remember the fps) and it cycled fine. I don't think I've ever fired CCI quiets in the GSG with the original barrel so I don't know if it cycles those anyway. I guess the quiets are too weak to cycle the GSG with a 9" barrel.
    I'll test supersonics tomorrow.

Another issue I've noticed, which is not barrel related, is that the plastic nubs in the stock housing are getting worn from the repetitive removals for disassembly. This loosens the fit of the housing which doesn't have a screw on the top part so it wobbles a bit when pressed against the shoulder pocket.
    Pick up the receiver... I'll make you a believer.

I filed a chamfer into the barrel. I tested it with CCI quiets (710 fps) and it extracts the case but but the case gets pinched in the ejection port by the returning bolt carrier. I tested it with the regular CCI subsonics (can't remember the fps) and it cycled fine. I don't think I've ever fired CCI quiets in the GSG with the original barrel so I don't know if it cycles those anyway. I guess the quiets are too weak to cycle the GSG with a 9" barrel.
    I'll test supersonics tomorrow.

Another issue I've noticed, which is not barrel related, is that the plastic nubs in the stock housing are getting worn from the repetitive removals for disassembly. This loosens the fit of the housing which doesn't have a screw on the top part so it wobbles a bit when pressed against the shoulder pocket.
    CCI Quiets won't cycle even with a stock 16" barrel. Ive tested HV, SV, HPs and all function fine. Just not the Quiet 22s.

Anyways a 9" barrel with CCI quiets will negate the quietness of them. Them out of my Buckmark is just as loud as SV.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rommelrommel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prosnowsk8er View Post
    Just dropped mine in the mail to you guys today. woot woot.

Do we get the stock barrel back?
    I did.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    VERY HAPPY!!!

THANK YOU DLASK!!!

Cheers
    Jay

Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    VERY HAPPY!!!

THANK YOU DLASK!!!

Cheers
    Jay
    ]
    Did you use a crush washer to torque the flash hider?
    Did you hand tighten the thread adapter and then clamp it while torquing the flash hider?
    I'm worried that applying CW torque on the barrel will loosen it because it is CCW threaded into the chamber block.
    Pick up the receiver... I'll make you a believer.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Did you use a crush washer to torque the flash hider?
    Did you hand tighten the thread adapter and then clamp it while torquing the flash hider?
    I'm worried that applying CW torque on the barrel will loosen it because it is CCW threaded into the chamber block.
    A crush washer was included with the A2 flash hider. The slots in the fh were about 1/2 a turn from being in the correct position. I did not clamp the thread adapter. I carefully turned the fh to top dead centre noting where the markings were on the bottom of the Dlask barrel. Nothing moved.
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Hello Leigh, I have sent an email regarding my pre-ordered barrel. Since I was out of the country with very limited access to the internet and telephone, I couldn't respond earlier. I also tried calling but no luck. Do not know how thecorona virus situation is affecting the shop.
    Any way, my order # is 17248 placed on Dec11th.
    Thanks.
    "If you teach your kids how to shoot, when to shoot, what to shoot, and where to shoot, freedom will easily be maintained." - Erin Canales