Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: SEND THEM IN ! GSG-16 update for Dlask Arms Corp.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by MartNutz View Post
    Theorical question here:
    With one of these gsg16 having perfectly legally modified 9' barrel in hand, what would stop the LEO to seize and charge for a cutted barrel ?
    Owner would have to carry the DLASK's receipt at all time ?
    I am sure Dlask has well documented that they make these barrels and the barrels are well marked from Dlask on the barrel. I don't plan an carrying documentation with me to the range for it. If I were going into the bush with it, any NR modern sporting firearm or an antique handgun, I would be more inclined to carry documents explaining the firearm's legality in the form of receipts, copies of the FA, or FRT's.

Cheers
    Moe
    Thank you Stanislav Petrov..... every living thing thanks you.

Quote Originally Posted by MartNutz View Post
    Theorical question here:
    With one of these gsg16 having perfectly legally modified 9' barrel in hand, what would stop the LEO to seize and charge for a cutted barrel ?
    Owner would have to carry the DLASK's receipt at all time ?
    Considering the Factory GSG 16 barrel is stainless, and Dlask is blued. The dlask is also engraved. Dlask Arms GSG 16 .22 LR 9"

Someone who cuts down the factory barrel isn't gonna try and blue it and laser engrave it.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Regular
    Where'd ya get the light forend, and does the lens get dirty from muzzle flash

Quote Originally Posted by Teotwawki View Post
    Where'd ya get the light forend, and does the lens get dirty from muzzle flash
    Ebay and probably. I got the gun back from Dlask and the range closed before I could take it out.

Shipped out my GSG-16 yesterday. Now the anxious wait begins to see how long it takes to get there and back. Go Canada Post !
    "If you teach your kids how to shoot, when to shoot, what to shoot, and where to shoot, freedom will easily be maintained." - Erin Canales

If you are curious. This is what the thread adapter looks like. It recesses into the cocking tube housing. I accidentally tightened the thread protector too tight, It unscrewed when I tried taking it off.

Does it legally have to be a screw for the fixed stock or is a pin okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Sorry, no. It would require us to manufacture some sort of tool pin that would require a screwdriver or other tool to remove. You will need to source this on your own.
    Does it legally have to be a screw or is a pin okay?

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpacotaco912 View Post
    Does it legally have to be a screw or is a pin okay?
    Have a re-read of what Dlask said:

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    NOTE - If you have not fitted a fixed butt stock to the rifle then we will have to 'pin' your stock open. By default this will be to the minimum length needed to keep the OAL above 660mm. If you want a longer LOP then please add that in a note inside the box. Cost for this will be +$15.00 to the barrel swap charge.

NOTE - If you have installed a fixed butt stock you MUST have a screw of some sort holding it to the receiver. The simple H&K style push pin is not sufficient since it is quickly removable without the use of tools. If you send the rifle in with just the push pin installed then we cannot do the swap. This is non negotiable so please don't ask.
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer phillyblt's Avatar
    Get a fixed stock and use the screw that comes with the gsg16...problem solved.
    Don't miss... I won't...