Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magpul Industries, Magazine, 9MM, 35 Round, CZ Scorpion EVO 3, Black Finish 18.95USD

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiKhaos View Post
    Except the RCMP will shoot these down fast.
    1. Needs to be made for a pistol commonly available in Canada to have 10 rounds. See, SOR/98-462
    2. Even if it weren't an AK nothing is stopping them from calling it "Commercial version" like current evo's are.
    The RCMP made the "commonly available" argument with the M&P .22lr rifle restricting it to 10 rd mags based upon the pistol version of the gun which to my knowledge has never been imported into Canada. The same argument can be used to support 10 round limits on the PSA pistol I would think.

Take Care

Bob
    A recent study has shown 1 out of 3 liberals are as stupid as the other 2.
    "If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Suffer the fools with grace...God made enough of them

CGN frequent flyer
    AK's not available yet the mags are, the commonly available argument is insufficient
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverS4 View Post
    AK's not available yet the mags are, the commonly available argument is insufficient
    How many M&P AR look alike pistols ever were imported into Canada. I have never heard of anyone owning one but the RCMP claimed it was commonly available and limited the rifles to 10 rounds..

Take Care

Bob
    "If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Quote Originally Posted by AB.boy View Post
    I would love to have 10 round mags for my EVO, however The CZ Scorpion EVO S1 FRT entry states that

- the cartridge magazines for all of the CZ Scorpion EVO 3 A1 "family of firearms" are automatic firearm cartridge magazines and subject to a magazine capacity
    restriction of five (5) 9MM LUGER cartridges.
    - all cartridge magazines for the CZ Scorpion EVO 3 A1 "family of firearms" meet the Criminal Code definition of a "prohibited device" if they contain more than five (5)
    9MM LUGER cartridges.

So if the manufacturer states they are made for CZ EVO pistols I think we are SOL, regardless if there are/are not AK 9mm pistols in Canada.

that's because there is no 'pistol variant' of the Evo3 there is a long barrel carbine and a short barrel carbine which are 'commercial variants' of a select fire carbine.

so no 10 round pistol mags for a 'pistol' that does not exist.

But I am very interested in a few more mags for my Evo3
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks that nothing is worth war, is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
    -- John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)

Quote Originally Posted by woodchopper View Post
    that's because there is no 'pistol variant' of the Evo3 there is a long barrel carbine and a short barrel carbine which are 'commercial variants' of a select fire carbine.

so no 10 round pistol mags for a 'pistol' that does not exist.

But I am very interested in a few more mags for my Evo3
    There is a pistol variant. The short barreled version you refer to is sold as a pistol in the US with a pistol brace. The short version barreled version sold in Canada with a butt stock is not sold in the US due to their SBR laws. Not sure how much research you did but you cold not be more wrong.

Take Care

Bob

CGN Ultra frequent flyer AB.boy's Avatar
    I think he meant there is no 'pistol' version in Canada.
    The EVO S1 is considered a 'commercial version' (CV) of a select fire carbine in Canada. Not a rifle or handgun as per the registration 'type'.
    Last edited by AB.boy; 03-10-2020 at 05:03 PM.

Check out the CZ USA Catalog on their website. Here is their write up. It comes in a couple of variations. Not any different than the AR Pistol vs the carbine.
    DESCRIPTION

Finally available for public consumption is the much anticipated Scorpion sub-gun. Imported as a pistol, it is a blowback-operated semi-auto in 9mm with a short 7¾” barrel. Open sights ride on an 11” Picatinny rail perfect for mounting optics. Starting in 2016, Scorpion Pistols feature 1/2×28 threads hidden underneath the factory flash-hider, meaning users can fit either 1/2×28 or 18×1 accessories to the muzzle. Also added is a QD sling swivel pocket integrated into the rear sling attachment point.
    Simple and reliable, the Scorpion not only has ambidextrous controls, its non-reciprocating charging handle is swappable and reach to the trigger is adjustable.
    With a wealth of accessories and attachments available for the Scorpion platform, customization can easily be done with a number of braces, grips, forends, magazines, safeties, mag releases, charging handles and triggers designed specifically for the EVO 3 platform.
    The most impressive stat on the Scorpion Pistol is the price tag!

Current production Scorpion pistols lack the 3/4″ sling slot on the left side of the action that is present on earlier variants.
    The CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol is legally classified by the ATF as a pistol, and is intended by CZ-USA to be used as a pistol. Under current federal law and ATF policy attaching a stock to this pistol – or attaching a device which is then used as a stock or intended to be used as a stock – constitutes the making of a short-barreled rifle which requires registration with ATF and the payment of the applicable tax. Users of the CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol bear the sole responsibility for ensuring their use of the firearm complies with all local, state, and federal firearms laws.

SPECIFICATIONS

Quote Originally Posted by AB.boy View Post
    I think he meant there is no 'pistol' version in Canada.
    The EVO S1 is considered a 'commercial version' (CV) of a select fire carbine in Canada. Not a rifle or handgun as per the registration 'type'.
    I just did a transfer on one, Commercial Variant no longer appears, and the Model states " CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol", class is Restricted Firearms.
    Victory Formation

"Somebody get a gun and shoot it! Doesn't anybody have a gun?" Jaws 1975
    A society grows great when men plant trees in whose shade they know they shall never sit.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer AB.boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grain View Post
    I just did a transfer on one, Commercial Variant no longer appears, and the Model states " CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol", class is Restricted Firearms.
    Interesting. What does the registration certificate say under "Type"?

Looks to me like the RCMP are playing fast and loose with their decisions.

a) M&P .22lr carbines were limited to 10 rounds because S&W made the same design in a pistol variant.
    b) Mags that fit a pistol design from another firearm design other than the Evo, are considered just a variant and their mags must be pinned to 5 rounds
    c) Mags meant for an AR pistol fall to pistol restrictions and can have 10 rds

This is a mess not entirely of the RCMP's making. That said, I would think any decent lawyer could cripple any case brought against a civilian based on the RCMP's apparent inconsistency in their rulings.

Take Care

Bob

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast