Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Uber Super GunNutz
    The whole point of the Razor HD LH was the emphasis on "light hunter". I wish they kept the old model in their line up as the exposed turrets, 30mm tube, and extra 3 ounces of the new model don't exactly do anything for most hunters...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by russm86 View Post
    The whole point of the Razor HD LH was the emphasis on "light hunter". I wish they kept the old model in their line up as the exposed turrets, 30mm tube, and extra 3 ounces of the new model don't exactly do anything for most hunters...
    1 inch tube, 2-8x36, 4 inch eye relief, capped low profile turrets, 12 ounces (or lightest as possible obviously). 2nd focal plane , milrad with something like the EBR2B Mrad would be superb.... waiting on this.
    Last edited by Nyksta; 03-09-2020 at 05:14 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Nice feature set.

CGN frequent flyer
    So so glad I just picked up one of the old 2-10 razors.. almost held out for this but just a big price increase for some useless features for almost hunters. Bleh.

Nyksta is onto something!

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    So so glad I just picked up one of the old 2-10 razors..
    we still have a few:
    https://store.prophetriver.com/razor/
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cody c's Avatar
    I dunno, a 3-15 for 19 ounces, maybe It’s a bit of a crossover with some compromises.

There’s already a lot of 1-6, 2-7 and 3-9 power scopes that are pretty light to compete with and in those ranges at 12-16 ounces it would be old news. Someone looking for more than 9x magnification and wants to keep it reasonable for hiking this might be the ticket.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    So so glad I just picked up one of the old 2-10 razors.. almost held out for this but just a big price increase for some useless features for almost hunters. Bleh.

Nyksta is onto something!
    Its too bad Vortex did not release mrad reticle on that one for the metric shooters. Was hoping each year developement that they would come out with other reticle options, but instead they dropped the 2-10 completely...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cody c View Post
    I dunno, a 3-15 for 19 ounces, maybe It’s a bit of a crossover with some compromises.

There’s already a lot of 1-6, 2-7 and 3-9 power scopes that are pretty light to compete with and in those ranges at 12-16 ounces it would be old news. Someone looking for more than 9x magnification and wants to keep it reasonable for hiking this might be the ticket.
    The Vortex is a Leupold VX-5HD knock off. 3-15 magnification... check. 30mm tube... check. Exposed locking elevation turret... check. Capped windage turret... check. Amazing HD glass... check. Illumination... check. Weighing only 19oz... check.

Leupold has been doing this for a few years. Nothing groundbreaking about the Vortex. I have a couple of the Leupold's and see nothing that the Vortex offers above and beyond except perhaps the reticle.

https://store.prophetriver.com/leupo...-matte-171714/

Now if the Vortex was offered in FFP I'd say they one upped the Leupold and would I start to consider it. I've already reached out to Vortex and suggested they make a FFP model.

Just my .02
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 03-09-2020 at 11:03 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet River View Post
    I appreciate the heads up, actually am in the market for another imagine that.

Will be in touch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast