Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg, 590A1 Compact Cruiser AOW 10 12 gauge 713.26USD 5 only

Should be nonrestricted as is

OAL means nothing on a factory configuration there's a handful of shotguns that are under 26" and non restricted,

the 26" restricts semis and modification of pumps/breaks that left the factory over 26"

Those ones are imported with "pistol" classification from the manufacturer, since handguns have less restrictions about barrel length and overall length in the US as long as they are not shouldered (see braced pistols for example). So when it is imported into Canada, it is automatically restricted based on manufacturer description, and cannot be reverted to NR since it would be registered as a "handgun".

I'd be thrilled to watch someone from the firearms lab fire a full tube through that one handed

Actually, I'd like to see everyone in the lab do so.

Not saying they can't...just that I'd very much like to see them do so.

CGN Regular
    I wouldn't gamble with sub-26" shotguns. Register them or put a longer stock on 'em. Don't give them a reason.

CGN Regular
    Edit

Hey IRG could you get the barrel, mag tube, mag spring, pump/forend and sell them as a kit? Would save us the hassle of having to get one verified and de-registered if we choose to throw a shoulder stock on it.
    CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    Too bad huh? Really nice tundra companion in high acrtic tentage or timber cruising Atlin BC.
    Canadian government runs on trans, gays and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rajczak_kashka's Avatar
    Any chance on IRG bringing more of these into Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by kapanak View Post
    Those ones are imported with "pistol" classification from the manufacturer, since handguns have less restrictions about barrel length and overall length in the US as long as they are not shouldered (see braced pistols for example). So when it is imported into Canada, it is automatically restricted based on manufacturer description, and cannot be reverted to NR since it would be registered as a "handgun".
    OAL doesn't matter for manual action people! (unless telescoping or folding) The Mare's Legs that are restricted were brought in as 'handguns' by a careless importer.

The bummer is these are brought in as pistols as well, so restricted forever.
    (See Armalytics)
    Restricted Para (a)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast