Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overall great experience, but...

Overall great experience, but...

I’ve ordered some ammo from Tenda and everything was great, price is good and my order shipped fast, but when I got it I was little bit shocked to see that they used transparent tape to cover up manufacturers markings on box of ammo. I just don’t think it’s the right way to do it and wasn’t pleased about fact that whoever was dealing with delivery knows what is in there. https://imgur.com/gallery/lFeZSUL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    At least you got everything you ordered in the one shipment.....but I hear ya.

This is far from being an uncommon practice.
    There are only two types of people in this world, those who want to control others, and those who have no such desire. The former is the enemy of humanity.

Stand together. Stand strong. Don't give them an inch for they will take a mile.

It’s not the end of the world. But every time I have ordered bulk ammo online (including orders with Tenda) it was always shipped in boxes with no markings so I would expect that retailer will slap a non transparent sticker on any markings on the box for security reasons.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    My experience with ammo has been in boxes with TDG stickers indicating that there is ammo in the box (explosives)

Last edited by Bigbubba; 03-10-2020 at 09:03 PM.

I’m not 100% sure what the regulations are but I prefer mine packaged well but I did order some for the federal rebate and it was taped up so good no barcodes or lot numbers were visible or able to remove the tape without total ruin! Sometimes your the bug sometimes your the windshield! Just go and enjoy shooting!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    In my experience it's uncommon for cases of ammo to be wrapped up. The courier knows it's ammo whether wrapped or not.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Tenda's website does have a little section on the homepage that reads...

Discreet packaging
    Secure and strong packaging to ensure better protection for all orders.

Despite that, it is pretty common for cases of ammo to be shipped in the manner described by the OP, from Tenda and elsewhere. With profit margins being pretty slim on a lot of the stuff they have, and free shipping over $300, I'm sure they are limiting their costs re: packaging. But stating they use "discreet packaging" on their webpage might be a little misleading.

I order from Tenda frequently and I personally don't have an issue with my delivery guy knowing that I'm getting a bunch of ammo, but for those that do many vendors would likely offer discreet packaging (for real), though they may charge extra for it.

Given the weight and the source address/company name of the sender I'm pretty sure most delivery persons (read: canpar) know exactly what they are delivering. I've had some ask if the store I buy from have good prices for products.

As it's not being left on your doorstep or at the local canada post pickup location (they don't do ammo) and an adult is signing for it I don't think it's a big deal and it's not uncommon as someone said earlier in the thread.

That being said, 'discreet packaging' does suggest it would be difficult to determine what is inside the packaging by looking at it.

side story:
    I once ordered an umbrella from China that arrived wrapped length wise in bubble wrap and covered in brown paper. I had to pick it up at the post office. When I got it, I couldn't help but notice it's rather large, girthy fallac shape... it looked like I was picking up a 'discreetly' packaged novelty sized marital aide. "Oh, good, it's that umbrella I ordered." end of story - have a great day.

BANNED
    If it is considered dangerous goods doesn't the courier need to be able to identify what the contents are and/or confirm what you are shipping?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast