Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock OEM MAG EXTENSION 9/40/357 4.99USD each In Canada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JACKSMYDOG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    The backing plates are different between the two mags
    No, the inserts are exactly the same for all 9mm double stack Glock mags. The inserts are different between the two base plates.

we would run them without, they will work fine.
    What insert you would run is great, and may even work depending on how you use them. My comment is based on first hand experience of actually using them, not what would happen if I did. I have had my own fly off, on a mag I bought used. One didn't have the insert and was off a few times before I called Glock and spoke to them. They sent me an insert and no more problems. The second incident was at an IPSC match a guy had the exact same problem. He bought +2 bases with no inserts, not knowing any different. I loaned him a few inserts for the day and he was good all day.

Admittedly the only time I saw it was partly filled magazines, on tactical reloads. The added weight and spring pressure can push the base right off with a proper bump. If you don't believe me, grab a mag and push the base with your thumb. It should come right off, as there is nothing blocking it.

The backing plate is only used to make it easy to disassemble the mag.
    What? I'm not even sure what you are suggesting here, unless you means easier to disassemble than a welded mag such as 1911 or the like. Mags are way easier to dissassemble with no insert. The base plate insert's primary purpose is to lock the base plate to the mag body. That is why it has the bump to mate the hole in the plate, and the +2 has the splines that match the slots on the +2 insert.

These are not Promags...lol
    Neither are these. I run mostly the 10/19 mags shown here and well over 20,000 rounds on those 10 mags. All are factory Glock mags, other than 2 Pmags which came with purchased guns.

The insert protrudes above the base plate, and the tip engages the mag body.

The tip of the insert against the inside of the mag body.

Of course the locking tab doesn't line up with the +2 base.
    I may be an A$$hole, but at least I'm not a hypocrite.

Wow, ok you clearly know more then we do, and you definitely need to buy more magazines from us.

This is not a confrontational reply but to further clarify, the areas circled in red is what stops the base plate from coming off.

The channel on the base plate that mates to the base of the magazine further enhances it rigidity. It truly is one of the best designed magazines out there.

The mag insert is there to coddle the spring and allow you to compress the spring to make it easier to get the base plate off, nothing more.

You can drop it all you want, sh!t you can throw it and will not come apart.

The US IRUNGUNS Team

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  131.0 KB
    Last edited by IRUNGUNS; 03-13-2020 at 01:20 AM.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JACKSMYDOG's Avatar
    Wow, ok you clearly know more then we do, and you definitely need to buy more magazines from us.

This is not a confrontational reply but to further clarify, the areas circled in red is what stops the base plate from coming off.

The channel on the base plate that mates to the base of the magazine further enhances it rigidity. It truly is one of the best designed magazines out there.

The mag insert is there to coddle the spring and allow you to compress the spring to make it easier to get the base plate off, nothing more.

The US IRUNGUNS Team

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  131.0 KB
    The area circled in red assist to hold the base plate on, but is defeated by force every time you assemble or dis-assemble the mag. Meaning you push the base plate passed the ridge. The properly installed insert on the other hand MUST be moved out of the way or the mag is not coming apart.

So to review, with the properly installed insert, you move it out of the way and force the base plate over the red circles area.

Or without the insert, you simply force the base plate over the red circled area.

The US IRUNGUNS Team
    Again as noted in my previous reply, this is not about what I want, or what will happen, I am speaking of actual experience of what has happened.

The US IRUNGUNS Team
    LOL, okay.
    Last edited by JACKSMYDOG; 03-19-2020 at 12:33 AM.
    I may be an A$$hole, but at least I'm not a hypocrite.

CGN Regular
    What's the part # for the correct insert for these base plates?

Here is a link to the ext insert.

irunguns.com/catalog.php?search_for=SP07165

Quote Originally Posted by 308smk View Post
    What's the part # for the correct insert for these base plates?

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Regular
    Do you have the inserts in Canada? I just ordered a few of these extensions and id rather not have to ship from the US if possible.

Personally, I don't think you need them. When you get the base plates try one and see what you think. Let us know your thoughts.

The US IRUNGUNS Team

Do you have the inserts in Canada? I just ordered a few of these extensions and id rather not have to ship from the US if possible.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Regular
    Sounds good

Any ideas on when more glock 10/15 or 10/17 mags will be available?

The inventory will transfer to Canada on Friday and over the weekend....

Sounds good

Any ideas on when more glock 10/15 or 10/17 mags will be available?

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12