Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2 Days Left! Win a GENUINE US Military HMMWV Humvee or $25,000 at SFRC!

Just a plug for the HMMWV: I picked one up 2 years ago in the same configuration as the one in this contest. I have a dozen military vehicles in my fleet, but this one became my immediate favorite. It has the iconic look and characteristics of a military vehicle but has the amenities of a modern vehicle like power brakes, power steering, and good acceleration. They are modular, and can be re-configured into what you want. In my case, I added the slantback hardtop with turret ring and gun mount on top, and military bucket seats.
    When I fill it, I often get comments from guys that it must guzzle fuel. I reply that it is a Humvee....who cares.

Whomever wins this will enjoy it. It will not be often that you will wave at another on the road. I have parked mine next to a pink and another in purple Hummers at the Canex. I wouldn't trade mine for both of the others together.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    I plan on driving it to the Gunners reunion in Shilo next year! See you then.

Quote Originally Posted by stencollector View Post
    Just a plug for the HMMWV: I picked one up 2 years ago in the same configuration as the one in this contest. I have a dozen military vehicles in my fleet, but this one became my immediate favorite. It has the iconic look and characteristics of a military vehicle but has the amenities of a modern vehicle like power brakes, power steering, and good acceleration. They are modular, and can be re-configured into what you want. In my case, I added the slantback hardtop with turret ring and gun mount on top, and military bucket seats.
    When I fill it, I often get comments from guys that it must guzzle fuel. I reply that it is a Humvee....who cares.

Whomever wins this will enjoy it. It will not be often that you will wave at another on the road. I have parked mine next to a pink and another in purple Hummers at the Canex. I wouldn't trade mine for both of the others together.

I couldn’t have said it better. Once I got the humvee I couldn’t help accessorizing it. Rear gun mount, troops seats for the box. They are extremely modular. Out if my military vehicle fleet the humvee has become my favourite and replaced an Iltis as my summer daily driver since last summer. I have put in almost 6000 miles in a year with minor maintenance. Everybody get on this raffle ! Maybe today is your lucky day and its supporting a great cause as well.

Last edited by gutinater; 08-16-2020 at 05:49 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Low chance of actually winning but if I do I have family in Ontario that can claim it luckily. Definitely a crap shoot that lotoquebec puts in so many rules to "protect" quebec from competition... errr I mean fraudulent contests.

Definitely would spend the extra to convert to a slant back if I won it though.

Quote Originally Posted by stencollector View Post
    Just a plug for the HMMWV: good acceleration.
    lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mgroom View Post
    lol.
    Compared to the Willys Jeep it is. Mind you, once the hardtop went on, it was noticeable that the power was down a bit.
    I also have one of the old 1976 5/4 ton gas chevs with the van body on the chassis. It has the amenities like heat, power steering, power brakes etc, but man, does that thing suck fuel. The HMMWV is an economizer compared to the chev.

One month left until the draw!

Only two weeks left until it ends! Someone is going to win a Humvee or $25,000

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    Only two weeks left until it ends! Someone is going to win a Humvee or $25,000

Ryan
    What day is the draw

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Furlan1098R View Post
    What day is the draw
    You could have a look at the first post where this is explained. Sorry for the inconvenience.