Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ask Cadex

Ask Cadex

Just wondering if Cadex will be offering additional barrel length options in 300 PRC for the Shepherd?

Also, just curious on how you settled for 24” barrel option? Was accuracy a factor with other lengths? Weight? Etc.

Thank you

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aprilia Man's Avatar
    Tagged ! ..... Heard some cutomers asked for longer barrel lenghts on some 6.5CM rifles that they order.

Would be best if we get the answer from CADEX directly.
    CCFR MDRGC

We are offer the 300 PRC with a 24" and 26" barrel in the Shepherd that has been renamed SHP LA (Long Action) for 2020. We have found the majority of calibers we offer shoot very well in ether length of 24/26". It is a happy medium between utilizing the burn rate of each caliber to weight and balance of the complete gun.

let us know if you have any other questions

cheers,
    Ryan
    Last edited by Cadex Defence; 03-12-2020 at 09:49 AM.

Just curious how do the UniSig barrels compare to Bartlein? Anything different I should expect?

Also can I put a Tripod adaptor on the Strike Nuke chassis?

Thank you, just doing my last bit of homework as I save up for the Shepherd

I have personally shot 3 different Unisig barreled guns out to 1000 yards with excellent accuracy. at 100 yards they have all been under .75 moa and actually closer to .50 moa accuracy with factory ammo. The majority of shooter wont be able to out shoot the accuracy on the Unisig.

We just released a full Arca Rail for the Strike Nuke that mates up perfectly. This is part of our Arca Elite System that uses a newly designed clamp that locks down with 2 stainless pins along the center of the rail. Great part about this system is we have not modified the standard RRS Arca rail dimensions.

cheers
    Ryan

Greetings,

Sorry to bother you but I’m hoping to get some clarity on estimated barrel life for a casual shooter (use factory/reload ammo) for the 300 PRC and the 338 LM cartridges. If you could shed some light on the matter or other considerations it would
    be much appreciated.

Unfortunately I have not had much luck reading the forums as the information tends to be all over the place and am unsure of what to believe.

Lastly, wondering if there would be an option of the Bartlein 400MODBB barrel for the Shepherd?

Thank you

Any Black Friday deals this year for Cadex?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvertiger View Post
    Any Black Friday deals this year for Cadex?

Thanks
    We don't do a Black Friday sale but our dealer are authorized to offer a discount for this special day. But it's up to their decision. I recommend you to ask directly to your local dealer. Here is the link to find the dealer near you: https://www.cadexdefence.com/find-a-dealer/

Nathalie Deslauriers
    Graphic Artist

Sylvertiger,

Barrel life really depends on a few factors, the biggest 2 being heat. This is the enemy of all barrel and the smaller the bore with more heat/preasure the shorter the barrel life. With the 300 PRC being a newer round I am not sure on the round count you can expect. I would look at other similar calibers like the 300 win mag for comparison. As for the 338 this round has been around for ever most people will say 3000-4000. This also comes down to what is your expectations for accuracy out of the gun. If you want 1/2 moa your barrel life will be much shorter, but if 1 moa works you then you will likely hit the 3000+.

As for the new Bartlein barrels we are not offering them on our guns as of now.

cheers
    Ryan

I had concerns with the Cadex/Unisig barrels as well. To the point where I was planning on putting a rifle together in .338 Lapua with an R7 long action and a Bartlein barrel. I was planning on running a strike nuke chassis as well. I ended up talking to Ryan over the phone when I was ready to order my parts and he had lots of good things to say about their in house barrels. When I did the math at the time, I could purchase a complete Shepherd in .338 Lapua for $1000 less than it would cost me to build it using a Bartlein barrel and having it fit to the action. That’s complete with action, barrel, stock, magazine, machining, brake and trigger. Not including the drag bag.
    At that point, my thoughts were to buy the complete rifle and Bartlein barrel to have fit if the accuracy wasn’t what I was hoping for. To my surprise, after 60 rounds of load development, I’ve got a load producing one inch groups at 200 yards (half minute) with an SD of 6.8 fps. Im by no means a seasoned reloader either. Maybe 5 years at it. Probably marginally better than factory. I’m sure there’s room for improvement, but more than likely I’ll take this load out to a 1000 next, then hopefully a mile. For me, a half minute is enough for ringing steel.
    Needless to say, this particular barrel shoots! Your mileage may vary, but I’m happy with it. Who knows how long it’ll continue to perform, but I’ve got a Bartlein to replace it with when it does start to slip. And all for less money than starting from scratch. Plus a free drag bag!
    Not my first Cadex, and won’t be my last.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast