CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Equipmet Exchange Upcoming Change - Prefix

I make up a Watchlist of ads I am keeping an eye on, and use subheadings like Guns, Optics, Misc, etc to organize it. The Watchlist is in my Favourites bar. Also a good way to keep track of your own ads.
    Eat right, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, get lots of sleep...and die anyway!

If you want to buy it, say "I'll take it".
    If you want to make an offer, say "I'll take it for $X".
    If you want to practice your negotiating skills by asking if I will accept $X, with no intention of actually buying...say nothing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob.22 View Post
    wish EE had a "wish list" or "watching" feature
    that way I wouldn't have to scroll through everything looking for items that have caught my eye previously
    If you click on 'Thread Tools', then 'Subscribe to this Thread', the thread will be found in your 'Quick Links' (to) 'Subscribed Threads".
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

Bookmarks work well.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob.22 View Post
    wish EE had a "wish list" or "watching" feature
    that way I wouldn't have to scroll through everything looking for items that have caught my eye previously
    You can create a seperate folder for subscribed threads. I have one called "watched EE threads". Then just add the thread to that guy. Bam.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kamlooky's Avatar
    Don't know oww tuh dew tabs/s/t's so I jest take ahh photo awf it with the I6
    Ignorance can be educated
    Crazy can be medicated
    But
    There's no cure for stupid

Quote Originally Posted by CGN Admin View Post
    We are moving towards of not removing ads from sight almost immediately, so people can still refer to the ads for trader rating and reporting purposes.

Right now it adds a layer of complexity for us to move the ads out of sight, and then people request to have them recovered.

Ads are deleted 90 days after anyways, so we are going to remove the intermediate step.
    I believe this is a good idea and folks can refer to the ad when the item arrives for accuracy. It'll work for both buyer and seller. I usually save a copy of the ad when I buy or sell . Quite recently saving the ad and the pictures saved me a fair bit of grief.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    What if you want an ad removed for a reason other than it being "Sold/Expired"?
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{ )))))></. . . . . .>)))< . . . . . . . . . . .

If only sellers will use it....

Still sellers out there with 100+ trader rating not changing the pre-fix but only typing pls remove in title or add body..
    Support the CCFR

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by bertn View Post

Still sellers out there with 100+ trader rating not changing the pre-fix but only typing pls remove in title or add body..
    This, 1000x this. So if I see an ad that is "expired/sold" but hasn't been marked as such can I then report it for removal? Or is it up to the OP who obviously can't figure it out?
    Last edited by Donny Fenn1; 03-18-2020 at 04:10 PM.
    #torontoexit

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by bertn View Post

Then the seller won't be able to post new ads.

The ad limiting is controlled by the prefix. It is automatic, if a member doesn't change the prefix, the ad will be counted towards the 2 thread limit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast