CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Equipmet Exchange Upcoming Change - Prefix

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bertn View Post
    If only sellers will use it....

Still sellers out there with 100+ trader rating not changing the pre-fix but only typing pls remove in title or add body..
    We need that like button so I can like this. It's f#$king infuriating searching for a particular part or rifle, and sifting through 10 pages of items that sold two years ago. These numpties had to read the EE rules to gain access, so apparently this forum is full of illiterates
    HBAR or GTFO

This is a good move. Further to this, what would REALLY help if is people actually use this designation as opposed to just putting sold in manually. Happens a lot and can get to be a PITA as those ads aren't quickly identifiable when sorting through search results. So please everyone, be sure to use the Sold/Expired designation and not just type in sold. Cheers!

It would be nice if there was a price column for posters to put their price in. Then we could search what we are looking for and then sort by price. That would be amazing, don't shoot me.
    When in doubt, mumble.

Quote Originally Posted by ZKK View Post
    What would really be nice is an automatic removal of any ad over six months old. It is very frustrating to respond to an ad and be told "it's sold I just haven't removed my ad" which happens too often. These older ads clutter up the forum and are of no value. If your article is still available for sale you would simply have to bump it to the top within 6 months of it's original posting date or re-list it after it expires.
    ^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^...... I find it soooo frustrating that so many still put the sold on their last page...****instead of using the prper prefix in the ad title box ****!!
    Should be a penalty for them...a one week ad posting penalty per item NOT properly identified as sold !!
    If you take your kids hunting, you Won't have to go hunting for your kids!!!!

My wife...yes. My dog...maybe. My gun....NEVER !!!

One thing I would love to see is an edit history on EE posts. Not entirely sure how feasible it is in this platform but it would be great to see. Helpful for pricing out the going rates on items and seeing trends
    CUSF - CCFR - OFAH

I always leave my WTS status, and add SPF to the title and post itself.
    I only change to Pls Remove after I receive feedback.
    Note to self: Do not have EE posts removed, then immediately re-post the same item, for any reason, as it is against the rules. My humble apologies to all.

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot 870 View Post
    I always leave my WTS status, and add SPF to the title and post itself.
    I only change to Pls Remove after I receive feedback.
    I would guess half or more of my transactions don't have feedback. Did you get the money? Then it is sold.
    #torontoexit

I know a lot of members like to withhold feedback when they have sold an item until they receive their feedback first; essentially holding the buyer hostage until he submits feedback. If you like to do it that way, it's up to you; personally, I submit feedback as soon as I notify the buyer that his package has been shipped. I sometimes ask for confirmation that he has received the goods, but in any case I will be watching the tracking to make sure the thing gets where it is going. In my mind, the buyer has paid me and therefore completed his end of the deal, so why wait to submit feedback. And if a buyer fails to submit feedback, I no longer bother chasing him for it, although I can see why a new trader with very little feedback might do so.

An ad gets marked SPF after I strike a deal; as soon as payment arrives, it changes to SOLD. Usually the price is removed at that point as well; I list items to sell them, not to provide a reference database for possible future transactions. I've had a couple of people request that I keep the selling price confidential, so I no longer release that info either. The ad is finally marked PLEASE REMOVE when I receive confirmation that the item has been delivered; I like to leave the ad up until then so the buyer can easily refer to it. If I need to get rid of the ad because I want to list something else, I ask the buyer to take a screenshot before I remove it. And of course I always have screenshots of everything I buy or sell.

In any case, not marking an ad as PLEASE REMOVE until you receive feedback does nothing except further clutter up the place; now you are holding all of us hostage because one guy didn't submit your feedback?

As of this morning (3 Apr) the prefix is still PLEASE REMOVE. Has this plan been shelved, or delayed, or...?
    Eat right, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, get lots of sleep...and die anyway!

If you want to buy it, say "I'll take it".
    If you want to make an offer, say "I'll take it for $X".
    If you want to practice your negotiating skills by asking if I will accept $X, with no intention of actually buying...say nothing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234