Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Fix by Q!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSil3nce View Post
    No .308, no deal
    a certain Big Box has had them in .308 as an exclusive model. They are out there.

CGN Regular
    I emailed wolverine and they had no idea on the barrel length or specs of so called rifle.
    Said the stock might come pinned, might have a longer barrel?
    gonna need some better answers than that before I drop 5K.... ID be pissed if the stock came pinned and welded vs just having
    a longer barrel put on. I don't know who they are importing from but some better answers would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Also. BRING ON THE HONEYBADGERS!
    Honeybadger won't be coming to Canada because it's a prohib now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneeker View Post
    Some people get it some people dont. How's your 89' geo metro treating you?
    Lol

Nice rifle indeed! Does it kill people on its own, like scary AR's do? Who needs such a scary rifle with an outline of an AR-15 when observed from a distance...
    That is how communists like JT and BB view these "scary" bolt action rifles. Too dangerous to be in hands of citizens...
    How to make a difference in fight against the communists?
    1. Vote for CPC 2. Join CCFR and CSSA (not NFA ) 3. Write letters to your Member of Parliament 4. Continue to be upstanding citizen

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by anton520b View Post
    Nice rifle indeed! Does it kill people on its own, like scary AR's do? Who needs such a scary rifle with an outline of an AR-15 when observed from a distance...
    That is how communists like JT and BB view these "scary" bolt action rifles. Too dangerous to be in hands of citizens...
    Makes me wanna take out a loan to buy one.

Can I give a kidney as my deposit?

"The Fix by Q is the biggest step forward in bolt-action rifle innovation since 1962" lol. A little dramatic, no? Although I commend them for the one-piece receiver design.

I'll admit this is a very nice, slick looking rifle but WAAAAAAYYYYY over-priced IMO.

I'm a huge fan of folding stocks, especially the ones that fold over to the action side of the rifle to cover the bolt knob (like the Fix and the Cross) vs the ones that fold over to the right (like the Ruger PR). The rifle stores just a little more compact when the stock folds over top of the bolt.

Also I think it's detrimental to have a full-length top rail. It almost NEVER gets used or touched and just adds extra weight to the rifle. Only needs to be enough to mount a scope. No more. They are marketing this as a LIGHT WEIGHT tactical aren't they? It has a skeleton buttstock after all. Having a full-length rail on the bottom is great for mounting a bipod.

A short picatinny rail on the bottom of the buttstock for a monopod (like the Ruger PR had) would have been great. Its too bad that most buttstocks don't have one when it can so easily come it.

I'm loving the 45° bolt throw though

Just my two cents. Happy Shooting.
    Last edited by Sawyer2010; 05-20-2020 at 05:58 AM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer2010 View Post
    Can I give a kidney as my deposit?

"The Fix by Q is the biggest step forward in bolt-action rifle innovation since 1962" lol. A little dramatic, no? Although I commend them for the one-piece receiver design.

I'll admit this is a very nice, slick looking rifle but WAAAAAAYYYYY over-priced IMO.

I'm a huge fan of folding stocks, especially the ones that fold over to the action side of the rifle to cover the bolt knob (like the Fix and the Cross) vs the ones that fold over to the right (like the Ruger PR). The rifle stores just a little more compact when the stock folds over top of the bolt.

Also I think it's detrimental to have a full-length top rail. It almost NEVER gets used or touched and just adds extra weight to the rifle. Only needs to be enough to mount a scope. No more. They are marketing this as a LIGHT WEIGHT tactical aren't they? It has a skeleton buttstock after all. Having a full-length rail on the bottom is great for mounting a bipod.

A short picatinny rail on the bottom of the buttstock for a monopod (like the Ruger PR had) would have been great. Its too bad that most buttstocks don't have one when it can so easily come it.

I'm loving the 45° bolt throw though

Just my two cents. Happy Shooting.
    you're not wrong at all, LOL
    but gotta remember our dollar is ####. USD retail is 2800-3200 ISH*
    and a lot of it is supply and demand, honestly the marketing and the hype in the US/ with limited numbers
    as its a smaller shop, most places cant keep them in stock for more than a week. But I agree its a you want it? need it?
    totally up to you thing. can your ruger American do the same thing? YUP! but this isn't it. for us guys that want new
    and different. Best thing about the gun community is there's so much garbage out there that people buy,
    but at the end of the day if they want it or like it, I'm happy to have more people buying and owning guns =)

Any chance the mini Fix is coming to Canada?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSil3nce View Post
    No .308, no deal
    I have a new one on the EE
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast