- High Caliber Services
- Solely Outdoors
- Tilsonburg
- Gagnons Sporting Goods
- West Coast Hunting

cq6EMSv.jpg

q5uHyJJ.jpg

Last edited:
Is this true^^^?? This stuff does not look any different than many surplus rounds accept headstamp and red "sealant" around the neck of the case where the projectile is pressed in.

Is this true^^^?? This stuff does not look any different than many surplus rounds accept headstamp and red "sealant" around the neck of the case where the projectile is pressed in.

What happened to me was that 10 rds were fired in the sks. Came home to a situation, so the gun was put away and forgot about for just over a month. Brought the gun out, wasn't too concerned because of the non corrosive ammo. I was wrong , the piston was seized in the gas tube and I had broken a cleaning rod trying to get a brush through the barrel. My guns are always kept top notch, but this time one of them got away from me. The original reason for spliting a non corrosive case was because my buddy is not one for cleaning guns.

Stamp is 311 20. For year 2020. The white box i bought was 311 14 purchased in 2014 and it was without a doubt non corrosive. Also it looks to be the exact same projectile as the 2014 production.

White box 7.62x54 was corrosive
Was sold as non
I did a nail test
Trust but verify

Yup, that stuff rusted an SKS piston quite impressively.

EDIT: I misread like a dum-dum and thought the White Box in reference was x39. I have no knowledge or opinion on the x54. But some White Box x39 was definitely corrosive.

Last edited:
I don't think it is even physically possible to have new production ammunition made corrosive since corrosive primers are obsolete and nobody makes them and hasn't made them for decades !

Back
Top Bottom