Thread: Pricing, et al

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar

Pricing, et al

Just wanted to make a few comments on pricing, as I see the "price gouging" threads popping up

We are in unprecedented times, expect anything. Be prepared for the worst as far as availability and pricing goes. Remember when AR15 mags cost a fortune?

New stock must be bought with the funds from the sale of old stock. Pricing will need to be adjusted to reflect this reality, otherwise you cannot replace your stock

We have tried to hold fast on most prices, but some things will need to move up.

We may not be able to get stock, but overhead must still be paid. That case of ammo may need to pay for 2 months, rather than just one month, worth of overhead (or more), since it may not get replaced.

One last thing: Most gun businesses cannot borrow money from the bank (we are evil). We need to run on a cash basis, in most cases.

I wish you all the very best during these times. Stay safe and sound.
    Last edited by CanAm; 03-18-2020 at 08:49 PM.

Thanks CanAm !

Most of us understand the business and the challenges that vendors face. As a consumer, I applaud you for trying to provide what you can in a manner that is sustainable to both you and the consumer.

Too true! Best of luck over the next while you are providing a very useful service!

CGN Regular
    With the government saying as worst case scenario 1/5 small businesses could go bankrupt even with help, I think you explained very accurately the worries that small businesses right now, feel around the country. Good luck during these unsure times and stay safe.
    I love the sound that a law makes when I break it!

Well said Can Am, But the guys doing all the bitching are likely out buying toilet paper.
    Speaking of toilet paper, Justin said today we should not worry about jobs or money for food.
    I wonder who the dip#### is who writes this crap for him, maybe he is that stupid to write it himself ??