Thanks for the post Jadam.

Some good info here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    Thanks for the post Jadam.

Some good info here.
    Happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by jadam View Post
    Happy to help.
    Thanks Jadam. One more thing, of the two, what would your preference be? I was personally thinking of SAR, but I don't think they have that in 308 yet...just PAR, and PAR might be easier to get as there is only a limited amount of retailers for this rifle here.

Quote Originally Posted by PorkyPig View Post
    Thanks Jadam. One more thing, of the two, what would your preference be? I was personally thinking of SAR, but I don't think they have that in 308 yet...just PAR, and PAR might be easier to get as there is only a limited amount of retailers for this rifle here.
    If you want to shoot prone off a bipod, the SAR is a better choice. Otherwise PAR for small frame. As I have them configured, the PAR is a shorty pump and the SAR is an 18" DMR. If you didn't cut down the PAR handguard, you can just barely get a bipod mount onto the rail in front of the pump. The Troy rail system has a unique mounting system and the rails are not widely available. Rampart had them, not sure if they still do. The SAR being newer is MLOK.

The SAR is not a cost effective solution though - you can piece together a bolt gun in a chassis for less than the SAR with a quality barrel swapped on. I opted for a White Oak 18" SPR barrel from Brownells. It has no gas port, so no need to sleeve if or anythng like that. Worked out to a bit under $500 to my door. No ITAR paperwork, no importer. The new US eport system has some wins for us.

Since the large frame is only available as the PAR I skipped it since I don't want to offhand a 308. The large frame PAR uses a normal buttstock interface, so that is a nice plus for it. You can even run something like the MDT Skeleton Rifle Stock on it since there is no buffer spring or buffer. A SAR version of the large frame would be interesting. Someone handy sould probably mill the PAR into the SAR with a fair bit of effort and parts making.

Quote Originally Posted by MarstarCanada View Post
    Hey Folks
    We ordered these SAR rifles a while back and finally received them from the distributor with NO folding stocks, they all have FIXED STOCKS. Sadly this was required to get a NON-Restricted status on the firearm. Most rifles were pre-ordered and are all sold but we have a few left available here:
    Attachment 362681
    Will you consider getting more in now with all the federal ban fu kery?

Also what were you selling them for when you had them?
    Life is not that complicated. You get up, you go to work, eat three meals, you take one good shlt and you go back to bed. What’s the fvcking mystery?! - George Carlin

I got my SAR from Marstar .1240.00. Of course nay sayers will say ," you paid that for a single shot" or the ever famous, " I would never compromise and buy a single shot"
    For me it was merely an addition to what I already have. The rifle is not for competition. Mine has the 16" barrel and M- lok hand guard.The folding stock was pinned solid
    at the factory. The poster jadam gave the best tech info. It was hard to find detailed info ,even from Troy. I contacted Troy after I received my package because there was no owners manual.
    They sent one to me shortly after. The upper and lower fit tight.Fun to plink with.

Quote Originally Posted by jetm View Post
    I got my SAR from Marstar .1240.00. Of course nay sayers will say ," you paid that for a single shot" or the ever famous, " I would never compromise and buy a single shot"
    For me it was merely an addition to what I already have. The rifle is not for competition. Mine has the 16" barrel and M- lok hand guard.The folding stock was pinned solid
    at the factory. The poster jadam gave the best tech info. It was hard to find detailed info ,even from Troy. I contacted Troy after I received my package because there was no owners manual.
    They sent one to me shortly after. The upper and lower fit tight.Fun to plink with.
    Just recently? How long did you have to wait?

I'd probably end up changing the stock and adding a few accesories, but otherwise keep it the same. YouTube clips look promising; while not as desirable as a Semi-Auto, it would still give peace of mind to not worry about given Trudeau's current direction...hopefully, to be voted out come next election, so we can get everything back. But until then, have to make some compromise...

I stumbled across the SAR while browsing dealers here on CGN. That was last October 2019. There was a glitch getting it over the boarder because of the folding stock. Marstar kept me informed
    through the hole process .It finally came at the beginning of Feb this year. I have lots of patience. One other thing about it is it's weight, I swear it weighs less than 3 marshmallows, very light.
    There was another dealer here on CGN who had it advertised as a pre order, but it seems to gone by the way side.

Does it take an ar stock with the same adaptor the PAR uses?
    Life is not that complicated. You get up, you go to work, eat three meals, you take one good shlt and you go back to bed. What’s the fvcking mystery?! - George Carlin

CGN Regular
    I will buy a par in 223 and 308 if you bring them in

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast