Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angry Canadian Gun Nuts?

CGN Regular

Angry Canadian Gun Nuts?

I have a Webley pistol listed for sale and it made a certain user quite upset. I was sent a message saying that anything above a 5000 serial number is not antique on a Mk3. I find that odd considering the pistol came with an RCMP letter.

Does anyone have further information on how to properly date a Mk3? Thanks very much.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    The certain user was calling you out?
    Dont sweat it man, block the guy by ignoring him/her and move on to someone who is less confrontational.
    Especially if they are the ones thinking of buying it.
    Imagine the schitz storm that would unfold if you where to go further alonh with this.
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    Dont sweat it man, block the guy by ignoring him/her and move on to someone who is less confrontational.
    Imagine the schitz storm that would unfold if you where to go further alonh with this.
    Rob
    Totally solid advice!

If the OP would like to e-mail me John@wolverinesupplies.com I will look through my records at the weekend. I think I have had problems with the MK III status. If I remember correctly it is do with military verse commercial assignment of serial numbers and the year. Certainly some MK III are antique and others are not, another can of worms at best. In my opinion a gun is what it is, not what a piece of paper may say it is, no matter who's letter head it is on. Just like the FRT has no legal standing.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    If the OP would like to e-mail me John@wolverinesupplies.com I will look through my records at the weekend. I think I have had problems with the MK III status. If I remember correctly it is do with military verse commercial assignment of serial numbers and the year. Certainly some MK III are antique and others are not, another can of worms at best. In my opinion a gun is what it is, not what a piece of paper may say it is, no matter who's letter head it is on. Just like the FRT has no legal standing.
    Thank you, Mr. Wolverine. Be chatting with you soon.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    Rob
    Agreed , I just wouldn’t block em , everyone is entitled to their own opinion and it’s more fun when their fuming for stupidities

Uber Super GunNutz
    My dog isn't mixed up in this, but as per your ad, that letter is not for the arm that you are selling? You are assuming that since yours has a lower serial number, it also "must be" an antique? Lots of evidence of many manufacturers who set aside "blocks" of serial numbers for specific features, so serial number order does not guarantee date of manufacture order... Your question remains valid, though - how are we to determine date of manufacture for these arms? Would almost need some reference material documenting serial number range produced over a certain calendar period? Hopefully Mr. Wolverine remembers to look it up and shed light on this for us!!

I would assume an official RCMP lettre qualifies as admissible evidence in court. But perhaps not.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 53Izzy744's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelFlint View Post
    I would assume an official RCMP lettre qualifies as admissible evidence in court. But perhaps not.
    Jst read the actual ad, states that the letter is for an antique that has a different serial number, not the one for sale. So yeah, not as open and shut...
    Sweet songs never last too long on broken radios

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    A few years ago I bought an RIC Webley from Wolverine as a Restricted gun. My research showed it to be Antique so I applied
    for that status from RCMP & got it. I then told John Hipwell about that . He said that requests for Antique Status from RCMP
    can be given or denied depending on which person handles your request . Good for me , this time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast