CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 81

Thread: Ruger charger pcc pistol

  1. #31
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer albayo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Born on PEI, Live in NB
    Posts
    3,187
    I fired the carbine and it's heavy.
    I wouldn't buy the pistol version even if the pistol was considerably reduced in weigh.

  2. #32
    Super GunNutz pc9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    OKANAGAN
    Posts
    4,906
    Quote Originally Posted by albayo View Post
    I fired the carbine and it's heavy.
    I wouldn't buy the pistol version even if the pistol was considerably reduced in weigh.
    Eat your wheeties and build some muscle. Not realy heavy at all. I find the rifle just right

  3. #33
    CGN frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Trent Hill
    Posts
    1,976
    Quote Originally Posted by albayo View Post
    I fired the carbine and it's heavy.
    I wouldn't buy the pistol version even if the pistol was considerably reduced in weigh.
    I wonder if we had full Cap. magz, would anyone complain how 'Heavy' a Full .45 ACP Drum in that Thompson would be? I sure as heck Would not ~

  4. #34
    Member Philosoraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    39
    Quantify heavy please, with numbers...

    I had the carbine and with a red dot it was 7.5 lbs on the bathroom scale. I'm small and thought it handled exceptionally well

  5. #35
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck44's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Terrace, B.C.
    Posts
    9,941
    In Canada you could put a regular stock on it and have a handy restricted carbine for playing the PCC games up here. Beyond that, without a stock, the pistol is just an awkward range toy.

    Take Care

    Bob
    A recent study has shown 1 out of 3 liberals are as stupid as the other 2.
    "If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

    Suffer the fools with grace...God made enough of them

  6. #36
    Super GunNutz pc9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    OKANAGAN
    Posts
    4,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck44 View Post
    In Canada you could put a regular stock on it and have a handy restricted carbine for playing the PCC games up here. Beyond that, without a stock, the pistol is just an awkward range toy.

    Take Care

    Bob
    Yes was thinking something like this stock
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  7. #37
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck44's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Terrace, B.C.
    Posts
    9,941
    Quote Originally Posted by pc9 View Post
    Yes was thinking something like this stock
    It would depend what the US defines as a brace vs a stock. If they decide it is a stock it falls under the Small Barreled Rifle legislation. Canadians cannot get the appropriate documents to be in possession of a SBR nor can you obtain an authorization to temporary import a SBR for competition. I asked US Customs. If it is defined as a pistol brace then your gun is a pistol and you can get the Form 6 approved and you are good to go. A phone call to Ruger will give you an answer if that stock/brace is made by Ruger.

    Take Cafe

    Bob
    A recent study has shown 1 out of 3 liberals are as stupid as the other 2.
    "If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

    Suffer the fools with grace...God made enough of them

  8. #38
    Super GunNutz pc9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    OKANAGAN
    Posts
    4,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck44 View Post
    It would depend what the US defines as a brace vs a stock. If they decide it is a stock it falls under the Small Barreled Rifle legislation. Canadians cannot get the appropriate documents to be in possession of a SBR nor can you obtain an authorization to temporary import a SBR for competition. I asked US Customs. If it is defined as a pistol brace then your gun is a pistol and you can get the Form 6 approved and you are good to go. A phone call to Ruger will give you an answer if that stock/brace is made by Ruger.

    Take Cafe

    Bob
    I would buy the stock separately

  9. #39
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mr. Friendly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    British Canuckistan
    Posts
    5,052
    it looks nice with the stock...I like!
    power corrupts, but absolute power is kinda cool!

  10. #40
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck44's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Terrace, B.C.
    Posts
    9,941
    Quote Originally Posted by pc9 View Post
    I would buy the stock separately

    I would ask if it is a brace or a stock before I bought it. I say that if you ever intend to compete in the US. They have some goofy Gun Laws just like us.

    Take Care

    Bob
    A recent study has shown 1 out of 3 liberals are as stupid as the other 2.
    "If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

    Suffer the fools with grace...God made enough of them

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •