Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Support Your Canadian Ammunition Manufacturers - NOW IS THE TIME!

Nice post. Thank you for your insights.

CGN frequent flyer
    Very interesting
    Maybe time for the Canadian market to increase and become more self sufficient even if it costs more..

CGN frequent flyer
    Would DRG Bullets by any chance be a Canadian supplier? Not much web presence though mostly in Canada, and a few GTA outlets have carried them.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Yes, Canadian companies need to be innovative, there are thousands of old and antique calibers that are virtually impossible to get, anywhere, and they are expensive, if a Canadian company included all these extinct caliber including all the rimfire cartridges they would do well and could sell them all over the world, especially in the U.S.
    That’s a great idea.

CGN Regular
    Great idea in concept, in this industry in Canada you can't move enough boutique calibers only to keep the lights on. I looked at it, it was not financially viable. If you are already operating, you can back fill equipment time with boutique calibers. But you would need to sell one million plus pieces a year of just boutique ammunition to keep the doors open.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Musky Hunter's Avatar
    If we can find quality 9mm reloads same as factory i'm sure the mass would buy it. Especially if they are loaded to lower PF for range/ipsc use.

I've decided to get back into it and i purchased 6,000 rds of factory as nobody has reloads for anything close to or less than factory 9mm 124gr.

CGN Regular
    No one was carrying factory remanufactured 9mm as the Americans where dumping ammunition into the Canadian market. It was almost at the point we where paying the same in CAD as Americans where paying in USD on low margin items. You will see factory remanufactured become more prominent in Canada again now.

CGN frequent flyer Sunchild2071's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCDL View Post
    We should encourage more companies to do like TNA did and include a "Made in Canada" filter for products on their websites.
    I always look for this first, if I can find the info, prior to purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by THESEUS View Post
    Very interesting
    Maybe time for the Canadian market to increase and become more self sufficient even if it costs more..
    Prepare to get laughed at. The almighty dollar wins. I've suggested just that, here, and other places. Lotta BS talk and no will to back that by the majority of the population.

Current world scenario is a great example and enlightenment. Now if Canadians had actually supported Canadians for the past few decades (maybe since after WW2) we could have maintained a strong manufacturing sector and maintain a reasonable level of National Economic/Supply security.

OP paints a good picture, good post.

Canada needs to bring home manufacture of many things. Concentrations should be on essentials. Reality is that we do need world trade (it's a global economy) but that should be emphasized more to the conveniences.

That way, when the world closes it's borders, we aren't hung out like a dirty dishcloth. It would take generations to bring things back.

Because you buy alot of stuff, and have alot invested, is not a reason to outsource. But it takes persistence, on a fully national level, to even hope to gain such independence from global fluctuations. Not just from the moderates and general consumer types.

I think I got off track......buy Canadian where you can, for F sakes. Think about someone beyond yourself.
    Are you taking over, or are you taking orders?
    Live free, live Cree!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunchild2071 View Post
    I always look for this first, if I can find the info, prior to purchase.

Prepare to get laughed at. The almighty dollar wins. I've suggested just that, here, and other places. Lotta BS talk and no will to back that by the majority of the population.

Current world scenario is a great example and enlightenment. Now if Canadians had actually supported Canadians for the past few decades (maybe since after WW2) we could have maintained a strong manufacturing sector and maintain a reasonable level of National Economic/Supply security.

OP paints a good picture, good post.

Canada needs to bring home manufacture of many things. Concentrations should be on essentials. Reality is that we do need world trade (it's a global economy) but that should be emphasized more to the conveniences.

That way, when the world closes it's borders, we aren't hung out like a dirty dishcloth. It would take generations to bring things back.

Because you buy alot of stuff, and have alot invested, is not a reason to outsource. But it takes persistence, on a fully national level, to even hope to gain such independence from global fluctuations. Not just from the moderates and general consumer types.

I think I got off track......buy Canadian where you can, for F sakes. Think about someone beyond yourself.
    In all honesty to get back to that level of Canadian Made we would need a third world war where we realize we need to make things ourself and world war 2 level effort of Canadian made to do it.
    If Canada banned guns in 1812 and it was not for armed volunteers we would be saying the pledge of allegiance right now. Call me a true Canadian but I believe the annual day we burned the white house down should be a paid holiday.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ih8ipods View Post
    In all honesty to get back to that level of Canadian Made we would need a third world war where we realize we need to make things ourself and world war 2 level effort of Canadian made to do it.
    We need foreign trade though, don’t we? Although we need to sell more than we buy?
    I don’t know enough about this subject