Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Support Your Canadian Ammunition Manufacturers - NOW IS THE TIME!

That's what I meant. We are getting new ammunition from the US ir we get more expensive reloaded ammunition from Canada.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by SierraHotel View Post
    X-Metal - Quebec
    I've had some X-Metal stocked up for awhile and just figured I'd look for more
    and can't seem to locate it even on their website. Anyone aware of anything on this?

Quote Originally Posted by BoogerChew View Post
    That's what I meant. We are getting new ammunition from the US ir we get more expensive reloaded ammunition from Canada.
    Hard to disagree with you BoogerChew.

Some Canadian companies are still acting like this is 1990s and we can't see how cheaper X,Y,Z is in U.S. Think about it, when you can buy X,Y,Z in U.S cheaper even with 33% exchange rate, credit card fees, shipping and import taxes.... something is seriously wrong.
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

CGN Regular
    X metal ammunition in Quebec is not operational currently. I spoke to the owner last week and he has no intentions of operating currently. He said he may restart once all this settles down as he can't get staff due to the COVID.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I will rarely spend more on an identical product simply because its Canadian.

If you cant do it cheaper, Do it better. If you cant win on price, win on service.

My company manufactures and does business on both sides of the border and I can tell you that our universal health care, government funded pensions, social safety nets, maternity leaves, minimum wages, and on and on and on has a cost and it makes it virtually impossible to be lowest cost on anything manufacturing related. Even with a 30% discount on exchange rate we are still too expensive. In the manufacturing world you are competing with every metal and tool and die shop in the world where people work for pennies. In skme US states Minimum wage is less than half what it is here and they pay no state tax. We gave up trying to be cheapest a decade ago.

When you look accross the Canadian Firearms industry you see the most successful Canadian companies are succeeding by being the best at what they do, not by being lowest cost.

I dont think there is a point to derailing the thread talking about the economic consequences of supporting uncompetitive companies or industries. Perhaps the OP can explain in someway how the Canadian ammo makers are turning out a better product.

Or, if things unfold as you predict where high exchange rate and reduced US exports eliminate the competition, then maybe Canadians will pay the higher price out of a lack of options and makers do nothing different and will soon be cheaper because of global economic forces.

Ah the joys and of the free market enterprise.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

That was some fast shipping! Across the country to my door in under a week. Thank you!

CGN Regular
    Just to update everyone, I was talking to some of my contacts today. It seems like the only ammunition that "may" be imported into Canada in the next 6 - 9 months may be PMC from Korea. Everyone I am talking to in my industry in the USA is saying that they are back ordered until at least 4th quarter 2020 on all components, and that may push into 2021 based on how this situation continues to evolve.

The order in which things are dealt with will allow you to extrapolate a bit of a timeline on when you may see reasonably priced components come back into Canada.

US Military
    US LEO / Government Agencies
    US Tier one OEM Commercial (Federal, Winchester, Etc.)
    US Tier two OEM (Grind Hard ammo as an example)
    US Remanufactuers
    US Consumer Reloaders

We will see ammunition coming back into Canada consistently between tier two manufactures and US remanufacturers. Once US consumer reloaders have a steady supply of components, they will look back to export markets.

I just received my shipment of brass! It looks awesome. I'm really happy with processed 308. Time to get the press cranking out some rounds.
    Proud member, and Field Officer with the CCFR

https://firearmrights.ca/

I buy all of my shotgun ammunition from Canadian manufacturers excessively. Score and Challenger make very good quality shot gun ammunition.

Don't worry about making money. I'm just getting into the reloading game and I have BIG plans! 9mm, 556, 308, 300 blackout. I will support you!
    I may not be smart a Man... But I'm smart enough to know Criminals don't Obey Gun Laws. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ